overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1407   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dfinney23 (1582) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 12, 2013
Surprised I didn’t like this better, considering I love cherries and have no aversion to fruit beers. Too sweet and not enough tart, perhaps.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ICEatALAMO (911) - Troy, Michigan, USA - JUN 1, 2013
Bottle. The pour is straight red. The aroma is all sweetness. The taste is is sweet cherry, but very good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ferris (3002) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 11, 2014
Bottle - Sweet maraschino cherries. Cloudy red/brown with a decent white head. Lots of sweet cherry, but has something odd later that cuts the cloying sweetness a little. Sweet and nice but a dessert beer for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oakes (12234) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 17, 2001
Complex and flavourful, a well-balanced fruit beer with an explosive fruit character. I guess if anything it could use a touch more dark malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DavefromChicago (201) - Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2002
Nice woody, cherry aroma. Lovely red color. Small, thick, creamy head adds to mouthfeel. Nice balance of sweet and sour cherry flavor, nicely thirst quenching. Enjoyable but too much cherry and not enough beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
joet (2137) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - AUG 17, 2002
interesting bright red color, sweet instead of sour cherry aroma, no sediment, nutmeg, woodyness, medium carbonation and light medium body, would this be good mulled?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - FEB 18, 2003
I can't figure this one out, maybe because I'm a stark raving novice to the style. I get the cherry thing - it's pretty explosive and very good, far from the cheap artificiality of so many fruit beers. I even get some honestly spicy hops. But my humble beer buds quest for more and lurking in the murk behind the cherry and sparkle find barely enough malt to keep me interested. Should I not be searching for a malt backbone? Do I care? I think the stuff is gorgeous, but not enough of the good nuttier, spicier, and just downright earthier flavors rise through to make it a world class quaffer for me. The malt has been yeast squeezed to yield up its sour breath in harmony to cherry pucker, and what is left, good stuff mind you, whimpers a little limply in the background.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
ElGaucho (2191) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - AUG 11, 2003
Sampled at the Great Taste of the Midwest. Bountiful cherry aroma. Average sized head that disappates almost fully. V8/tomato juice appearance. Whoa! Very sweet and cloying flavor. Overly carbonated. Although this is obviously a quality beverage it is more of an alcopop than a beer and I'm frankly glad I didn't spend the good money it requires to buy one in a store!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
3fourths (7875) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 29, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2012 soft glowing ruby hue. Smells like cherry pop tarts - a mixture of bread, sugar and fruit. Excellent aroma. Texture of a bold cola. This may have killed by palate at the GABF. Intense sweetness, and very flavorful.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
celogan (201) - Oroville, California, USA - MAR 24, 2004
I've been wanting to try this stuff for a year; and thanks to a buddy who brought it over the border I finally got to try this. Poured a cloudy amber with an almost red-orange hue. Very small head which dissappated repidly and no lacing. Aroma was totally cherries. Definitely doesn't taste like beer. More like a champaign. The flavor was similar to what you might expect from a belgian white with lots of cherries tossed in. Reminded me of a tart cherry pie with good carbonation. Not for an everyday beer, but for dessert on special occasions this would be a good choice.