overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1373   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Beersiveknown (2473) - NORTHERN IRELAND - AUG 25, 2011
Vivid red, cherry drops, tunes, too artificially fruity and sweet for my palate

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerledgend (1197) - Waterloo, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - SEP 5, 2004
Red in colour with thick white head. Big cherry aroma and bitter cherry tatse, followed by metalic mouthfeel. I have decided the cherrys are only good with coconut and choclate and called "Cherry Ripe"!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ThomasE (5176) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 21, 2005
Reddish, amber colour with a very small head. Very sweet aroma and flavor with a cloyingly marzipan note. Faintly tart finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
brianjames1 (539) - Northridge, California, USA - MAY 15, 2010
750ml bottle into flute. All I can say is that much like the raspberry tart this beer is WAY too sweet, tastes like Robitussin. Maybe it gets better with age but this tastes like concentrated flavoring syrup, I don’t understand the high rating on this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
crajun (892) - , Texas, USA - MAR 20, 2011
bottle thanks to Bertram; had been saving this for my 200th rating!!! Unique is an understatement for this beer; cherries/fruit and carbonation were in the aroma (if that is possible) Ruby pour with slight pink white head. Did I mention unique?? Didn’t see others mention it, but to me this was champagne (not wine as bottle states) mixed with beer - then there was a bunch of sweet sticky cloying cherry sweetness (sweet more than cherry). As much as I wanted to like this (my 200th rating!) I didn’t... Not sure it is even a beer in the end; not sure I can finish the bottle; kudos to the effort (I still want to try much more NEw Glarus) but the result doesn’t work for me...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MartinKubert (862) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 23, 2005
Marzi-pain-in-the-ass. This is like marzipan nose-spray. The aroma is covered, the flavour is sharp and citric. A little like sour-mix. Murky reddish colour. Rather sweet finish. Longlasting citric fruitiness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Gazza (726) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 6, 2007
Bottle at Glasgow tasting. Well, how much hype does this have, and how much does it taste like Lindemans Kriek? A lovely cherry aroma but that’s the best bit as the taste is overly sweet, cloying and has hints of that red sauce you had on ice creams as a kid. Not enough lacticity, too much sweetness, and Lindemans is a lot, lot cheaper (and easier to get).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cranesareflying (50) - Evanston, Illinois, USA - MAR 7, 2002
Jeeesus Christ, it’s syruppy, almost like medicine. Why do they put beer in those big wine bottles, because if you’re not crazy about the beer, there sure is an awful lot left? In my case, it took me 3 days to drink ONE bottle of this stuff, so I wasn’t too crazy about it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Engelsmann (651) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 5, 2005
Bottled. Pours a hazy red with a reddish tan head. Aroma is sweet, very candy like, cherries. Taste is sweet, very sweet, candy, cherries. I don’t really like beers this sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
boomer0813 (100) - denton, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2009
Bottle thanks to thirdeye11. It had a dark red cherry color w/ very little head. Aroma was of cinnamon, black cherry, and grenadine. Flavor was tart with black cherry, grenadine, and cinnamon. Not a fan of this beer!