overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1421   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian Red is a tapestry of flavor. This beer is brewed with whole Montmorency Cherries, Wisconsin farmed wheat and Belgian roasted barleys, lagered in oak tanks and balanced by Hallertau hops we aged in our brewery one full year. Over a pound of Door County Cherries in every bottle makes this beer uniquely “Wisconsin.” So unique, in fact, that we applied for a patent. Expect this beer to be ruby red, with a medium body that is highly carbonated and intense with cherry flavor and bouquet.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Djanvk (15) - Freeport, Illinois, USA - MAR 9, 2009
I was amazed by this beer. The color was a nice dark reddish color, the flavor had an amazing "REAL" cherry flavor not the syrup like candy cherry flavor. I was really stunned how good this is and I will definitely buy again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
NelsonPR (23) - MIlWAUKEE, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 1, 2010
Aroma of fresh picked cherries, Red body with a pink head, Taste its cherries, cherries and cherries, tartness is present but not overwhelming. One of the best a ever taste. Cheers to New Glarus

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ads135 (3049) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 23, 2011
Wonderful. Pungent, sweet, sour. A fruit beer that doesn’t succumb to a candy-like cherriness. The hallertau and "native" cherries seem to be made for one another.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BigMilly8 (389) - Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA - FEB 25, 2012
From bottle : WOW. I have been waiting forever to drink this and finally got around to it. It was everything I had built it up in my mind to be. Great pour with carbonation and a reddish fluffy head. Aroma is fabulous and taste is a wonderful fruity blend of cherries and the like. There is nothing I do not like about this and wish it was easier to get my hands on.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
o_Merlin_o (180) - California, USA - NOV 22, 2012
A near perfect beer. Wonderful cherry and apricot aroma, topped off with a creamy off-white head. Absolutely delightful acidic taste all over the tongue, especially on the sides. Pleasant aftertaste. I say ’near perfect’ because of its high carbonation. Expect lots of burps when drinking this awesome brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopscotch (9242) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 31, 2011 Ok, I enjoyed another bottle tonight with the wife. We both agree that the aroma is of cherries, butter and brown sugar... quite simply, homemade cherry pie. The flavor is of cherry pie as well; slightly salty crust and all. I had to increase my score. This is just excellent beer. To drink it is like eating homemade cherry pie without the messy cleanup. Best fruit beer I’ve ever tried.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikeyj80 (22) - USA - JAN 8, 2003
It is hard to think of this as a beer, and so i rated upon the experience itself. It is very sweet and fruity, very easy to drink, not something you should get if you are looking for a hoppy or even any beer flavor, but if you are looking for an experience, this is the ticket.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 4, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2004 I can believe that there is a pound of cherries in here. Not a big fan of fruit beers, I really enjoyed this. I cannot compare this to any other beer, because it is definitely unique, but delicious! It sort of tastes like soda, sort of like wine, but also like beer. Whatever that means. But it sure is tasty. Thanks hey_kevin!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BBB63 (6083) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - MAY 11, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 21, 2003 Red-brown color with a nice head. Lots of carbonation (like champaign). The aroma is pure delight, cherries step to the forefront. The cherry tartness slaps you across the face but then mellows out to sweet-sour balance. This beer is not sugary sweet and bland like some cherry beers. Among the very best in it genre into the world, many Belgium breweries wish their Krieks were this good. Re-rate: A very fresh bottle I got on trip to Milwaukee - the oak undertones seem to be more noticeable this time. Again, simply a great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
obisbeer (565) - Barcelona, SPAIN - JUL 15, 2004
Near perfect, cloudy ruby red with firm thick head. Bright sour cherry aromas, and some faint wood. Sparkling bright cherry flavors, with dry/ sour finish. Refreshingly tart. Awesome Beer!!!