overall

RATINGS: 584   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Ichabod combines malted barley and real pumpkin with cinnamon and nutmeg in a delicious and inviting brew. A rewarding complement to many dishes, Ichabod pairs well with autumnal foods such as poultry and root vegetables. After dinner, try it with your favorite dessert!
2011 vintage 5.2% abv

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2001
I gotta say that the aroma and color of this brew are just awesome. This stuff provides an extremely rich, but not too sweet pumpkin pie flavor. The head is like whipped cream. It is also potent, finishing with an almost opiate-like glowing buzz. Call me crazy, but I consider this among the finest alcoholic beverages Iíve ever tried, period.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - AUG 28, 2001
I definetely respect this original brew. The pumpkin chunks in the bottom make it really seem like a homebrew. It is a seasonal halloween beer which i think is pretty cool too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - NOV 25, 2000
Donít Listen to the diesl guy once again. Ok, I agree that one is about enough for a night but it was good. We happen to be good friends and he tried to scare me with his, oooh pumpkin and beer donít mix to the point where I was affraid to order it at the bar. but when i took a sip i found a deligtful pumpkin aftertaste. the pumpkin isnít really present untill the aftertaste other then the aroma. All in all a very interesting good beer they i would likely order again if given the opertunity.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - NOV 20, 2000
After I tasted Ichabod all I thought was that two things that should have never been put together are pumpkin and beer. Way too much pumpkin and not enough beer. It had a strong flavor and aroma but they were both bad. I couldnít even finish one, I ended up giving it away. I wouldíve expected better from New Holland.