overall

RATINGS: 945   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45   EST. CALORIES: 158   ABV: 5.25%
Is insanely dry hopped with Centennial Hops. This pale copper colored ale has a flowery hop aroma and a bold hop bitterness. Hop Heads Only Please!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 16, 2002
Whoa!!!! this one had me lightheaded as I was waiting for my lunch to be served. Go see the brewery!!!!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Under-age Drinker (96) - Colorado, USA - JUL 14, 2002
Combines the hops of Jordan with the bite of an angry Crocodile. Very intense, goes great with FPC’s

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - JUN 15, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2004 Good IPA. but after drinking Bell's Two Hearted Ale last night this can't compete.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 9, 2002
A great example of what a good IPA should be. The floral scent mixes wonderously with the hopps to produce pure beer drinking utopia

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aubrey (3444) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 6, 2002
Oh man, thank you Hennes! I loved this beer. It was like a liquid ballet on my tongue! Sweet and fresh hop aromas abound. Nice malt backbone. Loved the ’fresh Florida grapefruit’ flavors. Great balance between the malts and sweetly aromatic and bitterly bitey hops. This beer reminded me a little of Speakeasy’s Big Daddy IPA. Joe, you need to try this and see if you agree. I thought it was great.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - APR 26, 2002
Mad Hatter is an IPA from the New Holland Brewing Company out of Holland (Hope College) Michigan. A nicely hopped offering that went down great and paired well with the spicy Thai dish I was eating. Pours out to a copper color with little head. Taste is that of grapefruit with a nice dose of hops on the finish. A fine IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - APR 6, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2003 Iv'e gotta re rate this one. My first must have been a bad batch or something, cause i was quite impressed with my most reccent experience. Solid, flavorful and all around good

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 13, 2002
Damn i can’t believe i didn’t rate this beer earlier. I am a big NHB fan and Mad Hatter is one of my farorits. It has a nice floral sent and great hoppy tast. Its bitter, of course, but the suddle floral hop taste is allowed to shine through. Love it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JAN 21, 2002
I do have an unrefined palate for IPAs (generally?!), but I will keep trying the style. All’s I can tell is there is enough hop particulate suspended in this one to regrout my bathroom tile, and it isn’t smooth in middle and end like two-hearted.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tourette (212) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 13, 2001
Excellent IPA. Nice and hoppy and tasty. This is a really good one.