overall

RATINGS: 251   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This beer has a golden colored body with a creamy white head. Its slightly sweet malt flavor makes up the base and offers a supporting role to the refreshing hop profile. Cascade hops provide a floral, citrus and almost fruity character to this well balanced easy drinking ale. Back by popular demand, “Paleooza” is an old favorite and an early original in our portfolio of great beers! 14°

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mds (2221) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 31, 2006
Bottle. Pours a foggy light orange body with a medium-sized creamy white head. Very nice aroma of orange rind, bread, and cookies. Fruity citric body that is orange-accented and reasonably biscuity. Well balanced and superbly drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ehhdayton (1188) - USA - JUL 19, 2006
Pours golden with a decent long lasting white head. The aroma is slighly piney with a hoppish flavor and slight bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JUL 16, 2006
I bought this beer last november and it sat in my fridge until tonight. I decided to clear out some of my stock and I was pleasantly surprised by this brew. Smooth tasting, hoppy with a pleasant aftertaste. I would drink this any time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2006
From a 12 oz. long neck brown bottle with blurbs on the neck label and front label, no bottled/freshness date. Made a good appearance, poured a hazy amber hued orange with a fluffy white head that settled into a thin sudsy lacing, small amount of sticking, medium carbonation overall. Had a nose of pine and floral hops with a mild citric and caramelized malts. A crisp, light textured and creamy smooth medium bodied mouthfeel, good APA drinkability. Pine resiny and citric hops, light in their bitterness, balances the sweetness in caramelized malts, a bit grainy as well, and a soft hop and grain finish. I have to admit, I’ve been drinking Mad Hatter more than this, but I too saw where this was being retired, so when I saw this in a singles rack, I had to try it again and I found it to be a pleasant and smooth APA. This is one time I’m glad that Friar Tuck in central Illinois keeps old beer on their shelves for an eternity, I’m going back for more of this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUN 23, 2006
This was an interesting take on an APA. I thought it tasted like they mixed Zoomer with their Apple Cider. Really, this had a ton of green apple in it. Aroma like jolly rancher green apple and flavor was like courtland apples. very good. there was some strong carmel in the flavor as well with some toffee and floral stuff as well. I enjoyed this because it wasnt as boring and run of the mill as other APAs.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Aubrey (3442) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 2, 2006
Hazy copper; nice head with clingy lace. Tingly carbonation. Big, toasted malts with nice aromas of toffee. Other than a nip of caramel, sweetness was on the mild side. Yeasty, earthy, musty, grassy, herbal and slightly sour. Some nice things going on, but felt kind of chaotic on the tongue at other times.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lowe1983 (1351) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2006
Pours an amber color with thick off-white head. Aroma has a sweet aroma of malts and a slight backround of hops, not as much as I would like. Flavor is the same but I feel the malts overpower the hops a little too much. Finishes with a slight bitterness but not enough. Dissapointed in this APA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
thegreenrooster (3241) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - APR 29, 2006
Pour is a cloudy orange with a big white head. Aroma is fresh hops. Flavor is a bit in the watery dept. but there are some grassy hops in there to make this one decent. Overall this is just a slightly above par APA as it is to watery and the ingrediants don’t really stand out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - APR 23, 2006
Pours a cloudy pale gold with a decent loose white head. The aroma is straight up Cascades. Other than the slight edge in malt, nose-wise, I don’t think I could tell this apart from a SNPA side by side. When I try to chew this beer, I notice my teeth sticking together, which is always a good indicator. There’s quite a bit of viscosity and creaminess to this brew, which I thoroughly enjoy. Where this beer really shines is in its balance. Again, this really reminds me of an SNPA, but the malt is richer and sweeter, bringing some balance to this ale. A bready, caramel sweetness compliments the floral hops really nicely. I think this is one of the few "accessible" beers that I enjoyed this much.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tcruicks (282) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - APR 23, 2006
Pale cloudy yellow beer with a small white head. Smells hoppy and malty, sweet, peaches. Tastes similar but the maltyness really comes out a bit more so its really well balanced. The bitterness lingers- I wish some of the other flavours lingered along with the bitterness though. A great pale ale!