overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 121   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
New Planet Pale Ale (formerly Off Grid Pale Ale) is a wonderful interpretation of the classic pale ale style. It has a distinctly deep amber color and great character and body. Three varieties of hops provide a wonderful aroma and a citrus and spicy hop flavor. This smooth gluten-free ale is made from sorghum and brown rice extract, molasses, tapioca maltodextrin, caramel color, hops, and yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DocLock (7976) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 10, 2012
Bottle from Craft. Pours medium copper with 1-finger frothy off-white head and a lot of carbonation streams. Nose is sorghum, pretty high hop load. Tastes of sorghum, a bit tart, with a hefty hop bill, some mild molasses, and earthy yeasty notes. Tastes a lot like some of the pale ales I used to brew in my Mr. Beer kit. Not too shabby for this style, and by this style I mean gluten-free and not specialty grain.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
obguthr (3999) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JAN 30, 2012
No aroma. Clear orange, no head. Cardboard on the palate. Watery. Macro-ish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jakenburg (3) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - JAN 28, 2012 does not count
Probably the best Gluten-Free beer I’ve had so far. My fiance was just diagnosed with Celiac’s so we’ve been trying a lot of different options. We both like IPA’s, so this is a lot closer to what we’ve been looking for than a lot of the more mainstream options like Red Bridge (ok) and New Grist (absolutely terrible). It’s hoppy which is my most important criteria, but could use more flavor. I was just informed that Sarah is "not in love with it". We’ll keep looking. Someone make a gluten-free IPA! Dogfish Head, that means you...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
cheap (4158) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2012
Looks like a darker lager, you know, yuengling er sumthin. Has the sweet smell of a stronger pale ale. Yes, very ale ish and does come across like many craft normal beers. however, weird sharp thing happens on the buds after every slug, like bandaids er sumthin. Quite strong bitter almost gag thing builds. Wierd sharp hoppy thing in here. May appeal to some ipa or strong apa lovers. Specialty grain, eh?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hopdog (9059) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2012
12oz bottle. Poured a clear golden color with a small sized head. Toasty, some earthiness, and caramel. Tastes of the same with a weird aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
emacgee (4093) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - DEC 26, 2011
Pours clean pale amber with one finger off white head. Nose is weird, lightly citric and then just rotten watermelon. Tastes like rotten watermelon. Awful.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Aquilo (556) - Berkeley, California, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Pours a dark copper brown with a very small head. If I’m being nice, I would say that the aroma is replete with citrus, caramel, and spice. Honestly thought, my first thought was that it smells like a cleaning product. Pine Sol, perhaps. The flavor is much harder to be nice about. It tastes like a urinal cake, and it leaves a cloying sweetness lingering in your mouth. This is a definite drain pour. I can’t bring myself to take more than one sip.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Aurelius (4302) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2013 OK, I just picked up a bunch of "ticks" and I figured I’d get this one out of the way first. A powdery, syrup-sweet aroma with some off chemical notes, along with choconilla and a reasonable whack of hops. Clear red beer with a small head. Pedestrian label. One appearance ding for the shameless Eco-Green marketing appeal. Chemical tasting. Notes of cane syrup, astringent, moderately hoppy, lightly sweet. Medium to slightly light body. Woody, peppery aftertaste. Huffs the weezer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drowland (6122) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - NOV 13, 2011
11/13/11. 12oz bottle. Clear dark amber pour with a small, weird, clumpy khaki head that fades except for the clumps. Weird tart, burnt aroma of sourdough bread, cat pee, plastic, and who knows what else. Sweet, tart, doughy, bitter, grassy disgustingness... I can’t even find the words for this train wreck. Horrid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gription79 (2287) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - NOV 9, 2011
12 oz bottle
Aroma: spicy/earth/citrus hops, caramel, toasty, fruity
Taste: earthy/citrus hops, caramel, toast, spice
Interesting. One of the best gluten free beers that I have had.