overall
Brewed by Niagaras Best Brewery and Pub
Style: Pale Lager
Niagara Falls, Canada

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 2.78/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Niagara’s Best Lager is a Canadian style lager with a sweet malt character and a smooth clean finish. This product contains 5.5% alcohol by volume and is lightly hopped to appeal to the tastes of the mainstream beer drinker.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
frankenkitty (1959) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JUL 12, 2007
Bottle pours mid-golden, rimming the glass with bubbles before ejecting them upwards towards a fuzzy white head. Green leaves and butterscotch in the aroma. Buttery diacetyl takes over the flavor... and I KNOW this was better when I sampled it on tap 8 hours prior. Damn it! I enjoyed it earlier as a solid Pale/Premium Lager, but this bottled batch is really off. (No bottle code, but purchased and sampled 06/07/07.) Scores averaged.

<font size=-4>From a mixed-six purchased at <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/ontario/st-cath Best Beer Ltd., St. Catharines, ON, CAN</font>

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
VeloVampire (625) - Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 1, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2007 On tap at Freshwood Grill - came a clear golden hue with a decent white head. Aroma of grassy Euro hops and some sweet malt. Flavour profile similar to a macro pale lager, but with quality ingredients. Grainy, noble-hopped, and bready - a refreshing lager that I was pleasantly surprised by. Alcohol shows itself a bit too much. Not something I’d go out of my way to get, but decent and highly quaffable nonetheless. I think I prefer this to their ale.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 16, 2006
Had a glass at the brewey, fresh from the tap. This is nice, I preferred it to my experience with the ale! This is their buck-a-beer offering, and they’ve done well. Tastes like a craft brewer trying to do mass-market appeal, resulting in a palatable, kind of tasty alternative to regular-priced macro lagers. I’d buy this over a case of Blue or Canadian any day. Ultimately it’s still a pale lager made on the cheap, and it was served a little too cold for me to detect everything that the beer had to offer, but if it’s available to you, and you want a buck-a-beer, give the nice people at Niagara’s Best your support. Better than the Lakeports and Lakers for sure!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 4, 2006
Bottle fresh from the brewery. Light golden yellow body with white head. Grassy aroma. light in all the ways that makes this beer just a good cheap standard to drink with out being too overly offended. Hopefully this beer comes into my area. It would be a good beer to have around the house for guests.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jercraigs (8059) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 13, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 16, 2009 2009-08-14. Crisp pale yellow body with a small white head. Flavour has a decent amount of floral noble hops. touch of grass. (6+) Aroma is modestly hoppy, florals, grass, muted touch of yeast. (6+) Average palate. On the mild side but decent. 6/3/6/3/12+ - 3.1 On tap at the brewpub

TFOB 2006. Yellow body, big white head. (3+) Grassy European hops, Light bitterness , floral and hoppy notes - noble hops? Average palate. Not really for me, but surprisingly flavourful lager. Not bad! 6/4/6/3/13 - 3.2

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
GregClow (2910) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 12, 2006
Draught sample at TFOB ’06. This beer is the brewery’s attempt to capture some of the "buck-a-beer" discount market, so I really wasn’t expecting much from it, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Pours a light, bright gold with a small creamy head. Soft aroma of grass and light herbal hops. Body is creamy, similar to their Blonde Ale. Flavour is light, but very pleasant and well balanced, with some herbal hops in the finish. It’s not a favourite style of mine, but if I was a pale lager drinker looking for a cheap option, this would definately be near the top of my list.