overall

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Hop-forward throughout, this West Coast style ale hits the palate with layers of tangerine, honey, and rosemary that harmoniously unite into a big, resinous, lingering finish.

carboloader's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2014
Orange, lemon, pine hops with big tree sap bitterness. Big bold aroma carries through to the swallow. San Diego style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ahuth (248) - - JUN 6, 2016
Bottled. Pours hazy Amber. Big hop smell. Sticky medium palate. Has a big upfront citrus hops. Tangerine and orange zest. Aftertaste is Cascade or centennial hops. Piney florals hop. Decent Ipa

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kathouse (1525) - Nevada, USA - MAR 13, 2016
Big tangerine and apricot aroma from a light golden ale. Good fruit and citrus flavor and mildly bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
drfabulous (6184) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 8, 2015
22 ounce bottle thanks to BeerInTummy. Clean orange pour. Big tangerine and orange notes. Hoppy. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Danyel (1606) - Colorado, USA - NOV 23, 2015
Tap at brewery. Pours yellow with white head. Aroma us strangely herbal, lots of citrus, lemony, sweet oranges, sage. Taste is med bodied, med carbonation, easy to drink, hoo forward. Overall, great ipa.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
lightbias (438) - USA - NOV 2, 2015
This is the last bottle from a friend down in SoCal and I wanted to make it this one for a reason. Linda sent me up two bottles from this brewer and I wanted to make it last, but you all know...IPAs and all. I can’t wait too long, so one at the beginning of the box, and one at the end. I do feel a sense of loss. - I pull the top back and the brew erupts in aroma. I close my eyes and easily imagine oranges bursting from the mouth; juicy, sweet and dripping. I pour and watch the mandarin orange fluid spill from the neck, the dense, eggshell head a finger deep and refusing to rise, despite my efforts to tease it to greater heights. It subsides quickly and by the time I lift the glass, the foam is a thin sheet on the surface of the beer, thick only at the glass. - The oranges are huge, and the closer I get, the more heady the aroma. I pull at the beer, drawing it over my tongue and filling my mouth with it. The flavor is full of sap; spruce and honey, sticky and sweet. A deep exhale brings forward an edgy taste that would stop anyone in their tracks, if they were the type that "didn’t like that bitter kind of beer". For me, it’s just right. The aroma plays with the taste and accentuates it nicely. The carbonation is an underwhelming aspect of this. The stickiness of the brew, the syrupy body kills it quickly as it warms. I would enjoy it a touch more lively, but I certainly would indulge in this again. - I was just telling a good friend that if I could buy more 12 ounce bottles, it would be easier for me to review more often. In this case (as in many others) I am glad that my happy chance to review this one, is with a bomber.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
slowrunner77 (9415) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 29, 2015
Tap - lots of citrus and orange, a touch sweet but also fairly bitter and resinous. Not elite, but pretty nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blipp (7898) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 7, 2015
Draft. Pours amber orange with a white head. Citric hops, juicy citrus fruits, moderate bitterness, and mild sweetness, followed by a nice fruity hoppy finish. Very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lusikka (7649) - Tampere, FINLAND - SEP 1, 2015
Draught @ Craft & Commerce, San Diego, CA. Pours a hazy golden colour with a small foamy head. Aroma of fresh citrus, caramel and a bit of herbal notes. Flavour of heavy caramel sweetness, grapefruity bitterness, a bit of herbs and some graininess. Full bodied. Maybe not as fresh as it should be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
laiti (7910) - Helsinki, FINLAND - SEP 1, 2015
Draught @ Craft & Commerce. Aroma has citrus and pineapple juice. Flavour has sweet gluey tones, tropical fruits, grain and odd plastic off-flavour. Decent anyway.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tiong (6150) - Espoo, FINLAND - SEP 1, 2015
Draught @ Craft & Commerce

Pours orange with a smooth foamy head. Aroma of grassy hops, resin, pine and caramel. Taste is smooth, hoppy and resinous with some grassy hops, caramel and fruits. Finish is hoppy and resinous. Tasty.