North High Citra SMASH

North High Citra SMASH
     click to upload

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
called a smash because of the brewing procedure used to create this delicious concoction. S-M-A-S-H Single Malt And Single Hop. All 2-Row Pale Brewer’s malt and Citra hops make this a light citrusy delight. Goes great with sunshine. In honor of their brewmaster Charlie, who was previously employed at Finch’s in Chicago.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
daniellunsford (105) - - AUG 21, 2013
Pours a wheaty gold. Nice head that laces strongly. Aroma of fresh cut grass. Citrus on the tongue from the citra hops which could use a sweeter malt other than 2 row. A pretty good ipa, but not very complex...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JaBier (4888) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Growler shared by Dogbrick. Clear gold to amber in color with a medium white head. Aroma of malt, tropical fruit and onion. Malty and oniony flavor with a ridiculously bitter finish. Just overkill; no finesse.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jsquire (3464) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2013
Hazy yellow gold color out of the tap at the taproom. Lasting fluffy white head with globs of sticky lacing. There are floaties in. here. Nice fresh citra hop nose with strong tropical fruit and sweet citrus notes. This is a single hop beer and it is full of sweet chewy mango, tangerine and orange juice flavors. There is a home made bread foundation that supports all the hops for the most part. The finish is a lasting orange rind bitterness. If you like citra you will like this.

Stain3000 (2) - Ohio, USA - MAY 27, 2013 does not count
All right I admit I only reveiw beers that I think are beyond exceptional. Also I suck at reviewing. I love great beer but not great at describing it. However I think I need to let the world kbow about this one. I love zombie dust. It is the beer that got me back into IPAS after so many years of cascade mediocrity. Holy crap this beer is just as good if not better. Mango, pineapple and a nice backbone of malt make this one of the tastiest IPAS I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I can’t believe it is made only 10 minutes away from me. I now have no reason to ever hunt a single whale again, being that Zombie Dust was the only beer I,could not find a good substitute for, untill now. Thanks North High

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dogbrick (8119) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 11, 2013
Sample at The Daily Growler. Pours a hazy yellow color with a medium white head that dissipates steadily to a film. Stringy lacing on the glass. Aroma of citrus, hops and a bit of malt. Light, crisp body with flavors of oniony hops, citrus and toasted malt. The finish is moderately bitter with a lingering citrusy hops aftertaste. Tasty and drinkable, by far the best beer I have had from this brewery. Pretty good all around.