overall

RATINGS: 211   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%
The devil made us do it. From the ABV and IBU figures to the fiendish use of Cascade, Perle and Willamette hops, Lucifer was whispering in our ears the entire time. Citrus and pine scents greet you and are followed by the sharp bitterness expected of an IPA. The beer’s true wickedness is revealed in the smooth Pale, Crystal 30 and wheat malts that surreptitiously broaden the beer’s appeal to more than just hopheads.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
frankenkitty (1981) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JAN 9, 2015
Pours with an exceptionally thick-looking honey-amber body (slow to carbonate and settle its light sediment), producing a large, frothy off-white head which lasts and lasts. Initial aromas are soapy florals. This opens up to some toffee notes with a touch of pine, but I can’t detect any potent aroma-hops which might warrant this beer’s 66.6 IBU rating. Even in its flavor, as I sip slowly, there is more of a balance to this beer than an overbearance of hops. The pine definitely shows in its flavor while tempered by soft and sweet malts. When I finish, a sharp twinge of astringence is left on my lips and I find a touch of grapefruit lingering on my gullet, as well as a light acidic burn in my belly. I was happy to receive this as a gift and certainly wish I had a few more on hand.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rondphoto (2772) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - JAN 3, 2015
bottle @ Party Town / Florence KY --- Hazy dark amber with particles of sediment, full beige 1" head, curtain of lace. Taste is caramel malt that is interrupted on the swallow by solid citrus hops, only to have the malt return for an encore in the finish. A robust brew, tasty and enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BVery (7881) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Bottle. Clear rich orange pour with a smaller white head. Earthy mostly, syrupy palate. Strong hop bite. Not bad, but not really my speed either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RRistow12 (415) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Tasted from bottle. Pours a slightly hazy amber with thick off white head. Lots of lacing. Aroma is caramel and toffee malt with a little citrus. Taste is also a little heavy on the malt side. Pretty sweet for an ipa. Mild bitterness. Flavors of biscuits, caramel, toffee, pine and earthy notes. Not as balanced as I would like. Average to below average IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crash_the_dog (163) - Fairway, Kansas, USA - DEC 9, 2014
First, really amazing packaging and graphics - the old-time look is super appealing and enticing. Not a whole lot of nose to the beer, but it looks good poured, with a rich golden color and thick head. On tasting, it becomes clear that this is a very generic IPA - and I mean that as a compliment. It scratches every itch that I have when I think I want an IPA, and it does so in a really satisfying manner. This beer is going to find an i ping home in my fridge. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nathan30533 (891) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - NOV 11, 2014
This one is easy on the pallet. Good IPA overall. I love the head and the wonderful color. Not much aroma. Good balance in the taste. enjoy!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
outlawskies (481) - Ohio, USA - OCT 12, 2014
Blah blah blah very iPa. Not a Julie beer at all. Andy isn't crazy about it either. Too hoppy to taste anything ekse ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kidmartinek (3741) - austin, Texas, USA - SEP 27, 2014
Cloudy copper with a lasting white head. Foamy and frothy. Aroma of bitter malt with a touch of citrus. Refreshing bite with a hint of grapefruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Itzjerm (1648) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - SEP 24, 2014
Nice Citrus aroma and citrus flavor. Taste is of orange and lemon rhind. That is meant in a good way. Sweet malty hoppy. Actully pretty good. However chunky to appearance is horrible Needs filtred. Did the devil make them do it?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mlong (3) - - SEP 13, 2014 does not count
Had this with Latin food because I love IPA’s, which was a weird pairing. It’s a good IPA, not outstanding but very drinkable