overall

RATINGS: 205   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%
The devil made us do it. From the ABV and IBU figures to the fiendish use of Cascade, Perle and Willamette hops, Lucifer was whispering in our ears the entire time. Citrus and pine scents greet you and are followed by the sharp bitterness expected of an IPA. The beer’s true wickedness is revealed in the smooth Pale, Crystal 30 and wheat malts that surreptitiously broaden the beer’s appeal to more than just hopheads.

bag's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bag (106) - Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 8, 2010
Aroma was interesting, but a bit weak. Hints of several things, but I would have liked a stronger citrus aroma. Nice, pillowy head with cloudy orange-copper body. Taste was slightly above-average -- certainly not bad at all, but nothing extraordinary. There was a lot going on with the palate. Lots of life with this and a bit of sting (in a very good way), but fell short of perfection because it seemed watery too. I would love to have more of this beer, but I would choose several other IPAs over this one. Still, I’m glad I had it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bpar73 (563) - Bellaire, Michigan, USA - JAN 31, 2015
On tap at North Peak. Ye;;ow gold pour with a white head. Moderate pine and citrus hops in the aroma and taste. A nice middle of the road IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mox_Ruby_IPA (4) - Indiana, USA - JAN 20, 2015 does not count
Citrus, caramel much lighter taste than what I was expecting. Nice color and a real sweet aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mintzmeet (288) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2015
Nice hoppy aroma. Hoppy taste but very light. Super nice light IPA. Citrusy hop bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Marheb (2645) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 14, 2015
Terreux, rondelet et substantiellement caramélisé. Je croyais au départ que c’était brassé par Jolly Pumkin, me voilà corrigé.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
frankenkitty (1961) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JAN 9, 2015
Pours with an exceptionally thick-looking honey-amber body (slow to carbonate and settle its light sediment), producing a large, frothy off-white head which lasts and lasts. Initial aromas are soapy florals. This opens up to some toffee notes with a touch of pine, but I can’t detect any potent aroma-hops which might warrant this beer’s 66.6 IBU rating. Even in its flavor, as I sip slowly, there is more of a balance to this beer than an overbearance of hops. The pine definitely shows in its flavor while tempered by soft and sweet malts. When I finish, a sharp twinge of astringence is left on my lips and I find a touch of grapefruit lingering on my gullet, as well as a light acidic burn in my belly. I was happy to receive this as a gift and certainly wish I had a few more on hand.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rondphoto (2468) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - JAN 3, 2015
bottle @ Party Town / Florence KY --- Hazy dark amber with particles of sediment, full beige 1" head, curtain of lace. Taste is caramel malt that is interrupted on the swallow by solid citrus hops, only to have the malt return for an encore in the finish. A robust brew, tasty and enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BVery (7238) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Bottle. Clear rich orange pour with a smaller white head. Earthy mostly, syrupy palate. Strong hop bite. Not bad, but not really my speed either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RRistow12 (333) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Tasted from bottle. Pours a slightly hazy amber with thick off white head. Lots of lacing. Aroma is caramel and toffee malt with a little citrus. Taste is also a little heavy on the malt side. Pretty sweet for an ipa. Mild bitterness. Flavors of biscuits, caramel, toffee, pine and earthy notes. Not as balanced as I would like. Average to below average IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crash_the_dog (163) - Fairway, Kansas, USA - DEC 9, 2014
First, really amazing packaging and graphics - the old-time look is super appealing and enticing. Not a whole lot of nose to the beer, but it looks good poured, with a rich golden color and thick head. On tasting, it becomes clear that this is a very generic IPA - and I mean that as a compliment. It scratches every itch that I have when I think I want an IPA, and it does so in a really satisfying manner. This beer is going to find an i ping home in my fridge. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nathan30533 (769) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - NOV 11, 2014
This one is easy on the pallet. Good IPA overall. I love the head and the wonderful color. Not much aroma. Good balance in the taste. enjoy!