Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2207   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
STEPHENDR (478) - California, USA - NOV 4, 2006
12 oz. bottle - Dark molasses color with a tint of red –head is tan , medium , small bubbles – nose of dark berries ( cherries ) , cinnamon , coffee grounds and orangey – taste of malts , gummy tar , spruce , hopps ( both bitter , and pine ) caramel , and some wood ( mostly cedar )- medium tart body – aftertaste is long earthy , malt and caramel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
illinismitty (2270) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 4, 2006
12oz Bottle. Brownish red with a nice creamy off white head. Excellent head retention. Malty caramel nose, along with some grapfruit. Flavor of toffee and caramel, complimented by a dry fruity bitterness. Hop profile is mellower than with the regular AB. Mouthfeel is nice, not sticky at all. The oak really shines in the bitter finish, which gives it some woody dryness. Very interesting twist to the regular bastard. Thank you Greg for putting this in 12 oz bottles. I can now afford to try this. Still like the regular Bastard better though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - NOV 4, 2006
12 oz bottle. Stone, thank you for putting this in Six Packs. I only hope that Arrogant Bastard will continue to be in six pack form. Anyway, I have had this on tap many times, and I have had mixed results. This one, out of the bottle tonight was nice. I love that the Oak is subtle, and not in your face. Stone is a wonderful brewery. Good stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
bgburdman9 (861) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - NOV 3, 2006
From the new sixers. Poured brownish with reddish hints and a pretty descent size lt brown head. Aroma was oaky grapefruit and some sweet caramel. Not as aggresive as i remember the regular ab being. More mellow and smooth. Very solid beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Bottle from new six pack release: Pours Dark Amber in color, with an off white head, much like it’s oakless counterpart. As I opened the bottle, I noted hints of what I think was vanilla. I poured this into my arrogant bastard pint glass and got another whiff of it. I note a bit of oak with a touch of vanilla and some hops that seem to be a little more hidden than its counterpart. Smells of grapefruit are also present. Taste is refreshingly different than regular Arrogant Bastard. Sure, this beer has the excessively bitter grapefruit taste going on (which I really like) but I also notice a nice amount of oak flavor, with a dash of vanilla. This version of the bastard seems to meld together a little better, with a bit of a creamy mouthfeel to it that is missing in regular AB. When I first tasted this beer, I was a little taken aback by it, I was not expecting it to taste the way it did, but the more I drink, the more subtleness I noticed and the more I enjoyed. This is an incredibly good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - OCT 15, 2006
Pour is reddish brown with a thin brownish head...smell is still the same bastard with hints of smoke behind the massive hops...taste is again, strikingly similiar to its brother, but more subdued and round...chewy mouthfeel with a nice slick finish...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
UselessGdTaste (365) - Long Beach, California, USA - OCT 5, 2006
ABA is one of my favorite ales ever. I actually enjoy the oaked version more. To me, the flavors of the original were not necessarily less in this version, but they were bridged nicely with the presence of the oak. Thank goodness I live close enough to get refills.

hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - OCT 2, 2006
GABF 06. Basically the same as the regular version, with a decent amount of oak character and a little bit less on the hops, probably from aging. I think I may have liked this version more than the original.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fordest (2135) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - OCT 1, 2006
3L bottle. Huge head, and since I couldnt tilt my glass while holding this monster bottle with two hands, I was stuck with huge amounts of foam. But the beer grew nicely and was really great looking. Hops on the aroma, and wood in the flavor. Similar to AB, but still different.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ChazMania (660) - Oceanside, California, USA - SEP 29, 2006
On tap at Stuffed Sandwich. Wow, this was a liquid meal in a glass! Fantasticaly balanced, full rich and chewy. Not overly hoped nor burnt. I wish I could have a keg of this at home! (then again, i’d be wasted too much). Keep loving the Stone Beers.