overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2220   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
FatTony (188) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - MAR 4, 2011
12 ounce bottle- poured out a deep golden-red with a slightly orange head. Head was thick and firm, left ringed lacing the entire glass. Aroma was sharp, citrus with a sour undertone. Taste was citrus with so much woody flavor I thought I might get a splinter. A sour after-bite clamped my jaws shut. Palate was light and airy. Unique, but not as good as the name implies.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
xs2500 (187) - Mississippi, USA - APR 20, 2009
This brew has a slightly more intriguing than AB, has a nice after taste and a little more bitter than AB. Pours with a nice creamy head and a beautiful reddish color.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
reverendj (185) - Brunswick, Georgia, USA - DEC 3, 2009
Maybe itís the cold, but this has not impressed as other Stone brews have. Woody citrus nose that gets better with warmth. First impression is of earthy, grassy and somewhat boozy hops. Long bitter finish preceded by cask like flavours of rich malt. I enjoyed this brew despite itís steep price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
marv3mania (185) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 11, 2014
Brown color with a tan-ish head. Aroma and taste both had rich caramel malt characteristics along with oak and vanilla. A bit of sweet toffee as well. I really liked this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dolemite77 (184) - Maryville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 13, 2008
It doesnít seem as hoppy to me as ABA (non -oaked), smells like a candy shop. I think this would probably cellar very well (Based on my results with a similar homebrew). Caramel continues to the flavor... Some people seem to think this is not much different than ABA, but I disagree. I got this at a different liquor store, so it could be fresher, or more aged, didnít check the date on my prior rate for ABA...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
linc33 (184) - Albany, New York, USA - MAR 25, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2010 On tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC. Holy crow. Itís Arrogant Bastardís flavours plus a whole additional layer of flavour imparted from the wood. Not for the faint of heart - no beer Iíve had tastes like it, for better or worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
peter48er (184) - Liverpool, Merseyside, ENGLAND - APR 6, 2009
12 fl oz bottle bought via Beers of Europe. Dark amber/red beer with little aroma and a thin lacy head that soon disappeared. Some oak on the tongue but mainly bags of bitterness with hops in the background, giving the beer great balance and taste. A complex & satisfying ale well worth seeking out.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2008
another one from the last Devonshire tasting. dark brown and cloudy. nice foamy head. aroma of coffee and malts. flavor was kind of bland but more hoppy than I thought it would be. had a burnt wood taste. left a strange film on the palate that I didnít care for. too me this is a beer to sip on and take my time with.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - SEP 6, 2010
tap @Stone Brewery, nice frothy head with lingering lacing on glass. Reddish brown color. Woody, malty aroma. Alcohol noticeable as well, though not overly so. Nice malty flavor, with a bit of hops as well. Even though I would have liked an even stronger oak aroma and flavor profile, this was another outstanding Stone beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
couchand (182) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2008
Brilliant burnt umber, big straw head falling quickly but leaving rings. Subtle malty nose, some oak, a world of herbs and spices as well. Big and malty, with caramel, toast, and light sweetness. Strong hoppy bitterness. Some oak, ginger, and a light nutiness. Initially almost too thick, fading to a livelier, more drinkable palate. Remains somewhat cloying. I keep going back and forth on whether I could drink this whole six pack. edit: I could but I wonít.