overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2187   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
GoBlue (104) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JAN 16, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 23, 2007 Yuck! Iím not even going to bother going through the rating on this beer. It tasted like tree bark. When are breweries going to get tired of this gimmicky crap? Iím looking at you too Dogfishhead.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SourNotes (104) - Bloomington, Minnesota, USA - MAR 3, 2011
got a 6 pack of 12 oz bottles. popped one and poured into an iced tea glass Appearance: poured a murky brown with bright copper highlights. a nice half finger head floated atop with bigger bubbles in it. the head retained nicely most of the way through the glass Smell: I swirled this beauty in my glass to give it a bit of oxygen, stuck my face in the glass and booom. This guy has a lot of different aroma that pops out at you. Starting with malty oakiness smell with a bit of must. I pulled some caramel, molasses/brown sugar, hints of licorice and backdrop of pine and bitter citrus rind almost a green pepper hidden in there. Taste: I was expecting to get all the wonderful tastes that i got in the smell but I felt that the hops covered up some of them a bit much. I only got slight hints of the brown sugar and molasses and a bit of nutty oakiness on the edges. I was pounded by bitter citrus rind and that green pepper taste with piney hop bitters all the way through the taste, front/middle/back. I will have to try another one of these down the road, but to me the taste was a bit dissapointing when comparing it to the majority. Mouthfeel: starts out smooth on the intake but as the bitterness attacks the tongue there is a tingle and sharpness to the beer. Drinkability: I wanted Smoked Gouda cheese while i was drinking this, it just seemed perfect. I think i would like to drink this beer with food. soutwestern food or tex mex. food with some spice and strong flavors. on its own I think this beer isntí that exciting unless your a hop head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dand645 (103) - Bayonne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 27, 2009
all of the arrogant bastard flavors have slightly mellowed with aging, and are now married in a devlish union of hops, malts, and woody goodness

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
slayer02348 (103) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - JAN 2, 2010
If you Arrogant Bastard, then you need to give this take on it a try. The oak flavor comes through, but is not overbearing. A good variation of an already great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
virtuosovii (103) - California, USA - APR 3, 2010
This was very good. Compared to the regular Arrogant Bastard I would say this is much smoother with some sweeter more complex flavors and aromas that really compliment this beer. It was bitter, sweet, very smooth, and a little bit dry. Very nice

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beergod (103) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2008
Nice dark amber in color. Nice lace on the glass, aroma is of nice malt and behind that hops. Taste is Hoppy,malt y,with a slight vanilla caramel also. Overall well balanced and a must try!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
kidrobot (103) - Port Charlotte, New Jersey, USA - NOV 21, 2008
Pours dark amber with zero head. Smells exactly like it tastes, great with a nice bite of hops almost like an ipa. Great after taste. Price was a bit much for a 6 pack but worth trying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
giarcsr (103) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 1, 2005
This is something that I had been waiting to try for a while, so when I got some I was rather pleased, but when I finally tried it I felt a little let down. It has the same aroma as AB except with a touch of vanilla, it looks the same as AB, but it doesnít taste as smooth or flavorful as AB. There is a slight hint of oak flavoring to it, but in my opinion, it doesnít really add to the beer, but hinder it slightly. This is a great idea, but it doesnít really work out too well. Stone should release the whiskey barrel doulbe bastard which is a far superior beer to this and an improvement on the outstanding double bastard beer. Which, when your doing a special release such as this, should be the case. Iím glad Stone is willing to do releases such as this, and I wish they would do more, but I feel that this isnít an improvement on the original AB.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
nerdrocker101 (102) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 24, 2009
Bottle. Much like the version that hasnít been oak aged. The oak seems to round out the beer creating some wood, fruit flavors. Maybe itís just me, but I like it better with the stronger flavors. Arrogant Bastard is like a wonderful kick in the face. With the oak aging itís like that kick in the face comes from a foot that is wrapped with a pillow. Itís still good, but itís just not the same. Does any of the make sense?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
EcnarM (102) - Shawnee, Kansas, USA - JAN 24, 2014
You will get more hop aroma than oak at the start. Nice light oak notes when drinking, but definitely not as heavily oaked as the name implies. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone