Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2207   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jay_Dubbz (103) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Poured from 12oz bottle. Good head with nice retention. Lacing was decent. Interesting flavor added by the oak barrel aging. Definitely one to try. Didn't like it as much as the standard Arrogant Bastard Ale. --you've been Dubbed.

Ionlyrate5s (103) - New York, USA - SEP 18, 2014
This was pretty much what it explained. Arrogant Bastard on oak. I love AB...with the added dimension of oak it knocked it into five category for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
biokid23 (102) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2014
Good, strong ale. The oaked aspect is a great touch. Dark, rich, and flavorful. I definitely recommend trying this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
nerdrocker101 (102) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 24, 2009
Bottle. Much like the version that hasnít been oak aged. The oak seems to round out the beer creating some wood, fruit flavors. Maybe itís just me, but I like it better with the stronger flavors. Arrogant Bastard is like a wonderful kick in the face. With the oak aging itís like that kick in the face comes from a foot that is wrapped with a pillow. Itís still good, but itís just not the same. Does any of the make sense?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
elcaballo (101) - Beverly Hills, California, USA - MAY 10, 2008
The oak aging does not help this beer in my opinion. Its a solid brew that as layers and layers of flavor but the oak drowns out some of the great balance that makes the regular arrogant bastard special

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
johnnysmoke (101) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 24, 2008
12 oz bottle. Small off-white head with a tame nose. Aromas of citrus and pine hops, toasty caramel malt and oak. The oak aged taste comes on the back end, with a medium body, creamy texture and mild carbonation. I didn’t notice a large enough difference between this and the non-Oaked AB to justify the price difference. I think I’ll stick with my regular AB. P.S. I am glad to see Stone is bringing more brews to Texas. I am one of their best customers in Conroe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Doctormirk (100) - USA - JAN 16, 2007
Pours smooth with a thick creamy head. Reddish orange when held up to a light- slightly hazy. Smells of caramel, maybe toffee and there is a tang of hops in the scent... or maybe thatís just my anticipation kicking in. Definitely related to the regular AB with somewhat subtle oak flavors. Could have had more prevalent oak, but glad to see it wasnít overdone. I suppose itís a bit like The Price is Right... Can still taste the citrus-tree-sappy hops on the sides on my tongue about an hour later, delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MagooinPA (100) - Warminster, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 30, 2007
12oz pour to small white head and deep brownish color. Nose of candy + oak, too much oak. This would be better if it was oak from bourbon barrels or the like. Dogfish Headís version of 90 minute soaked in bourbon barrels is awesome, this is mediocre at best. Glad I bought only one. My least favorite offering from Stone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ChrisJ (100) - Warrenton, Virginia, USA - MAY 10, 2008
Bottle @ home. Pours in a hazy amber with a respectable off white head. Aroma is fruity, sweet with notes of strong citrus and resin hops, and alcohol. The flavor is hoppy (resin & oak), caramel, nutmeg, and of course oak which is moderate and less than I expected. Bitter hoppy finish. Nice but I prefer the oaked 90 minute from Dogfish Head .

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
iNBe (100) - USA - SEP 2, 2010
I didnít leave a favorable review for the regular Arrogant Bastard. So I thought I would try this to see if there was a difference. There wasnít.