overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Panzuriel (1462) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - DEC 5, 2004
Deep amber color with a good head. Nose is very similar to Arrogant Bastard Ale with sharp and tangy hop nose. Taste is a mild yet very tangy at the back of the mouth ale. Somewhat like Arrogant bastard lite. Mouthfeel is satin. Aftertaste is lingering malt tang.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
3fourths (8637) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 15, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2013 Bottle. Dark burgundy brown colored body. Weak nose of some cedar, oak and some tobacco/bourbon notes. Smells and tastes similar to a scotch ale, though on the back of the tongue there’s some habanero flavors, and it’s very dry. Interesting, and I would say unique since it’s difficult to find a beer that tastes exactly like this one. Not sure if I’m the only one who gets the habanero notes, or if it’s even in there at all, but I really like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cobra (1100) - - DEC 31, 2006
12 oz. brown, longneck bottle. No freshness date seen. Poured out a deep amber color, with a thick foamy tan colored head. Aromas are of overpowering oak, standard malts, and some yeast in the background. I won’t go into the oaked beer debate, suffice it to say that it is not a historically accurate style whatsoever. Ok to try, but they need to cut back on the oak. At least toast it first. Jeez.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ratman197 (11360) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - JAN 29, 2006
On cask @ Falling Rock poured a cloudy copper with a large lasting amber head. Aromas of spice, malt, wood and yeast. Palate was light bodied and smooth. Flavors of wood, vanilla and malt with a drt, bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - AUG 13, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 2, 2006 Wow, had this a long time ago at El Gaucho’s party. I didn’y go back for more as I wasn’t all that impressed. Clear amber brew with some oaken,vanilla tones. I prefer the non BA version as the flavor was more complex I think. It was a treat. The rich malts semed to be overwhelmed now. Re-rate.6 pack from Kahns. Better flavor and I am much more impressed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
HopheadHans (804) - Bay Area, California, USA - NOV 9, 2006
Bottle. Well, this one disappointed me. I would imagine that licking a 2x4 would get you the same results. Way too woody not even oaky. The hoppiness of the regular bastard is over shadowed by aromas and flavors of simple wood. Yikes, bring on the double bastard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
thebaldwizard (1205) - Ohio, USA - NOV 24, 2006
Hoppy aroma with slight wood scents. The appearance is mahogany with an off white head. The palate is medium. Hoppy and extremely woody taste. I felt the flavors were confused. Bitter aftertaste, but I come away thinking that I just drank a liquid piece of wood.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ross (2128) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - DEC 4, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2006 Bottle from Paul (blankboy) Thanks. Looks identical to AB upon pouring. Smell is hints of wood and hops. Taste is brutal and hoppy - this is definatley a fresh sample - with some notes of vanilla and oak that arent in the regular version. Not a bad beer, but I believe it begs the question: why tamper with something as good as Arrogant bastard?

updated. this gave me a pretty bad headache after finishing the glass. not pleasing at all to me. i was expecting much better..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 7, 2007
I know this is deemed a great beer but it just was not my type. The oak adds an od flavor to the palate and the finish. It did have good body!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
performula (148) - Heart of the Rockies, Colorado, USA - OCT 9, 2007
Pours a brown amber. Sweet oak scent. scent. Citrus backbone with a wood finish. Not what I was expecting. I remember Arrogant Bastard Ale being more tasty?