Brewed by Oakham
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Peterborough, England

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
cask, bottle & keg,regular
Single hopped (Citra) IPA

medallaisla (91) - PUERTO RICO - AUG 8, 2012
Cask. Oakham does wonders with citra hops. Big citrus and tropical nose and taste, chewy, oily, sticky beer. A pleasure to have on cask.

CanCrusher (786) - Ilirska Bistrica, SLOVENIA - NOV 5, 2012
Bottle. Pale golden colour with white head, that leaves some nice lacing. Strong aroma of tropical fruits like mango, grapefruit, pineapple, lemon, orange and some piney notes. Very hoppy bitter taste, dragging all that fruits with it. Excellent beer!

Dommod2011 (704) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - NOV 17, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2015 Had a night off the black after two on the Guinness. I was expecting big things from this. Everyone today has enjoyed it although they were in Aston and I?m on The Edge. Not the guitarist from U2, he?s mates with Bono and if Bono ever comes here I?ll give him a word or two. I hate U2 as much as I hate Coldplay. I?m going to change my name to Chalky Tits. What?s that? Something needed about Green? Peter Green, genius, check out Man of the World.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
codex (3) - North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - FEB 26, 2015 does not count
Bottle at home from BeerRitz, have not found on cask yet. Pours golden, nice white head, with slight haze. Taste is outstanding, powerfully hopped, yet nicely balanced. This is one of my favorite IPA’s

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ladnewton (1671) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 21, 2011
Cask at the Cambridge Blue, Cambridge England 13th August 2011. Gold with thin white head and a little lacing. Wildly fruity and hoppy. Grapefruit and grass early and late, with an explosion of fruity hoppiness in-mouth.The finish is richly hoppy and satisfyingly intense. Exquisite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hop_Hedonist (372) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUL 5, 2013
Nose doesn’t prepare you for the massive citra hit! Lovely. Quite malty but balanced with powerful hoppyness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bestextra (5) - USA - JUN 17, 2014 does not count
One of the best examples of New World IPA in the cask/real ale style I’ve tried. Big but not huge, perfectly balanced - loads of Citra and a solid malt backbone. Really the cask version (superior IMO) should be separated from the (still excellent) keg/bottle version.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Scopey (10040) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 30, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2013 Originally on cask at The George, Croydon. It pours golden yellow, with a decent off-white head. The nose is sweet orange, tangerine, lime, sweaty sock, urine, rhubarb and custard cream sweets and grass. The taste is resin, juicy orange, mango, tangy marmalade, big hop bite, spice, pepper, pine and alcohol warmth, with a big bitter finish. Medium body and soft carbonation. Massive flavour and drinkability. The best cask IPA I’ve ever had.... I have now sampled this sucker on numerous occasions and it surprises just how truly brilliant it is. Crisp, flavoursome, well-balanced and eminently drinkable. Wow!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DanielBrown (4212) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 1, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2012 Hand pulled at the Wellington, Birmingham. Golden, thin white head. Smells like pickled mango, with a hint of mint chili. Very tasty stuff, but I have to admit, this doesn’t strike me as vastly different from Oakham’s excellent APAs. Smooth, very tangy, with rich tropical notes and sweet Darjeeling. Bitter on the finish, with a little crunching dryness. As lovely as I expected. RE RATE: Bottle at Bartons Arms, Birmingham. Wow. I Totally underrated this previously. Perhaps it was under conditioned on my cask sample, but this bottle was chiming; the hops were clanging on my tongue and my tastebuds were ringing. Supremely singular - clean, tangy, tasty and super smooth (yet crisp). My nadgers were veritably twitching. Can see this becoming my ’go to’ beer. Prev score 3.9 on 1/6/12. Now throttled up to 4.5 on 17/11/12.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Vaiz (4052) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - DEC 1, 2012
Bottle at UDRBM. Clear golden pour. Aroma full of tropical fruits, grapefruit, pine, some resin and loads of floral hops. Flavor is even better, quite bitter and full of lovely hops. Amazing brew. Would love this as a session ale.