Oceanside Ale Works Dude DIPA

overall

RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 3.73/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   ABV: -
If you like your hops, this is a must! 120 pounds of hops for a 15 barrel batch.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerFunGuy (642) - California, USA - SEP 11, 2014
One of the best smelling beers I have ever had. It smells like peaches. A strong hop bitterness which lasts for along time is the moan flavor of this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
supersournhops (21) - - AUG 23, 2014
Another typical EXCELLENT XXIPA from SD. I know the adjectives seem wierd, but I am sure all these SD brewers Skype Vinnie Cilurzo when they brew. Aroma was like giolfing at The Pine Tree Golf Club after a fresh mow. PINE AND GRASS!!!! Not much body, not much malt....alcohol subdued but packed a punch. SD XXIPAs nevr dissapoint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BrewDad (4996) - Olympia, Washington, USA - AUG 4, 2014
San Diego Summer Trip 2014 - Amber in color, clear with a thin head. Super IPA flavor and finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SlimHabib (151) - California, USA - JUL 23, 2014
Bottle pour. Copper with large white head and lots of residual hops. Medium body. Plenty of hops, but not overpowering. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
myfriendbubba (34) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 8, 2014
Always love coming to this place when in town. Dude was cloudy with residual hops not a great looking brew, aroma fair at best. Taste was citrus hops...may be Citra hops peppery extremely dry great for a XXIPA which are generally sweet. No balance all hops but that is what is expected in a XXIPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
runnertal (22) - Parump, Nevada, USA - MAY 25, 2014
Had at brewery, was told this was a favorite. It was my favorite. Huge hop aroma. Resin oil hoppy aroma. Would live to just keep smelling this. Got a growler and even opening the growler had huge hop deal. Flavor and taste backed up aroma. Awesome beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
iowaherkeye (2691) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Recommended to me by the employee at Chrisí Liquor in OB, and even though Iíve had a few Oceanside beers that I wasnít thrilled with, I gave this a go. 22oz bomber, no date. Clear medium orange with a two finger (without trying) pale beigeish white, good retention. Aroma of plastic (that Iíve gotten in my homebrew before), Juicy Fruit bubblegum, and pine. More estery than I figure it should be. Flavor adds some scorched caramel notes and bitter bitter bitter. Aftertaste was just bitter and lingers and lingers.....and then some husky grain. Stupid bitter. Grrr.Medium full body with moderate high carbonation--apparently I canít decide. I can decide that I donít like this beer at all--the opposite of what I like in a DIPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jehoesefat (271) - Poway, California, USA - APR 20, 2014
Super hoppy aroma. Pours murky orange with lots of little floating bits. Very bitter flavor up front and a long bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sarapeaches1990 (12) - Los Angeles, California, USA - FEB 24, 2014
Ok itís no "Russian River" never had the younger....but the label rocks. If I posted pictures from our bachelorette part with this label weíd all be booted from RB and BA....enough said ....this is a great brew with subtle peppery hop aroma...not much for a double IPA but really nice and subdued. The hop flavor is intense but not crazy bitter...I know that sound ps wrong...but for a chick this one is for sue a solid A.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gtb1973 (22) - - FEB 19, 2014
a double IPA for a fortnight and a day #7... This is a very top notch IPA and up there as one of my favorites. Poured from a 22oz bomber, itís got a orange color and is very clean and smooth looking. Looks very appetizing. Smell is one of my favorites of all time and where this beer shines. Mango, pineapple, grapefruit are all strong on the nose. Taste was very nice and herbal fruity. Mouthfeel was smooth and velvety with a little carbonation that dissipated quickly. If I get another chance, Iíll definitely grab another bottle of this. The Dude Abides!