Oceanside Ale Works Dude DIPA
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 17   MEAN: 3.69/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   ABV: -
If you like your hops, this is a must! 120 pounds of hops for a 15 barrel batch.

chargerfanjess' rating

chargerfanjess (124) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 9, 2013
Had at at Tap That in Oceanside. Was told from Travis there that this won gold medal at San Diego int. Brew Fest. I know why! This brew is fantastic. Crisp spruce, cedar, grass aroma! Crystal clear! Big white frothy head. Up front huge big peppery hops, Note, this was an extremely pleasurably first sip as it did have the usual over the top tar burn hop oil, that becomes too distracting. This grew was pure freshness. Believe it or not I could have had a dozen if it werenít fir the 9.4%. A must have!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
myfriendbubba (34) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 8, 2014
Always love coming to this place when in town. Dude was cloudy with residual hops not a great looking brew, aroma fair at best. Taste was citrus hops...may be Citra hops peppery extremely dry great for a XXIPA which are generally sweet. No balance all hops but that is what is expected in a XXIPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
runnertal (22) - Parump, Nevada, USA - MAY 25, 2014
Had at brewery, was told this was a favorite. It was my favorite. Huge hop aroma. Resin oil hoppy aroma. Would live to just keep smelling this. Got a growler and even opening the growler had huge hop deal. Flavor and taste backed up aroma. Awesome beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
iowaherkeye (2690) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Recommended to me by the employee at Chrisí Liquor in OB, and even though Iíve had a few Oceanside beers that I wasnít thrilled with, I gave this a go. 22oz bomber, no date. Clear medium orange with a two finger (without trying) pale beigeish white, good retention. Aroma of plastic (that Iíve gotten in my homebrew before), Juicy Fruit bubblegum, and pine. More estery than I figure it should be. Flavor adds some scorched caramel notes and bitter bitter bitter. Aftertaste was just bitter and lingers and lingers.....and then some husky grain. Stupid bitter. Grrr.Medium full body with moderate high carbonation--apparently I canít decide. I can decide that I donít like this beer at all--the opposite of what I like in a DIPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jehoesefat (265) - Poway, California, USA - APR 20, 2014
Super hoppy aroma. Pours murky orange with lots of little floating bits. Very bitter flavor up front and a long bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sarapeaches1990 (12) - Los Angeles, California, USA - FEB 24, 2014
Ok itís no "Russian River" never had the younger....but the label rocks. If I posted pictures from our bachelorette part with this label weíd all be booted from RB and BA....enough said ....this is a great brew with subtle peppery hop aroma...not much for a double IPA but really nice and subdued. The hop flavor is intense but not crazy bitter...I know that sound ps wrong...but for a chick this one is for sue a solid A.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gtb1973 (22) - - FEB 19, 2014
a double IPA for a fortnight and a day #7... This is a very top notch IPA and up there as one of my favorites. Poured from a 22oz bomber, itís got a orange color and is very clean and smooth looking. Looks very appetizing. Smell is one of my favorites of all time and where this beer shines. Mango, pineapple, grapefruit are all strong on the nose. Taste was very nice and herbal fruity. Mouthfeel was smooth and velvety with a little carbonation that dissipated quickly. If I get another chance, Iíll definitely grab another bottle of this. The Dude Abides!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
StefanSD (2070) - Lakeside, California, USA - FEB 13, 2014
650ml bottle. Pours a new penny copper color with a small white head that has fair retention. The aroma has pine resins, cat piss and barley. The taste is more fruity than hoppy with bubble gum, sour grapefruit, limes and lemons set nicely in a biscuit malt base. The palate is full and smooth with lively carbonation. Finishes long and bitter with lingering pine resins that develop late. Overall: Decent IPA.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ChazMania (650) - Pasadena, California, USA - FEB 7, 2014
Iím in the minority here. This was my 2nd attempt to enjoy this beer when I saw Bombers at Bevmo. It smelled like dust/dirt, was super cloudy, taste was like moth and dirt, hard to swallow. It is a rare day when I pour out a big IPA but I could not drink this one. I had it on tap at the brewery a number of months ago and couldnít finish it there either, was hoping the bottle would be better but alas, for me at least, it was not.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sourguy83 (40) - Los Angeles, California, USA - NOV 29, 2013
At GABF citrus, Citra hops???? Great character of differences of hops. Pretty bitter but expected for a DIPA but extremely drinkable medium body. Copper clear color. Would love to try it in a snifter type of glass to enjoy the hops more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kermis (4750) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - OCT 12, 2013
Sampled at GABF 2013. Pours clear golden with an off white head. Aroma of grapefruit, citrus and weeds. Flavour is light sweet and over moderate bitter. Medium bodied with soft carbonation.