overall

RATINGS: 86   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   ABV: -

UDBeernut (1720) - Moving to Jax, Florida, USA - NOV 4, 2013
pours golden, small off white head, some visible carbonation. light chocolate in the nose. taste begins with sweetened coffee that continues to chocolate icy pop, mix of cereal. finish is mildly sweet. consider my bean flicked.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
joshwoodward (566) - - OCT 28, 2013
From a bottle. I get more chocolate than coffee, but more like a roast espresso bean. Not really my thing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rondphoto (2018) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - OCT 26, 2013
Thanks Liz Cox, for bringing this back from Michigan. Medium amber with a 1" head that lasts the duration, horizontal streaks of lace. Taste is a refreshing revelation: wheaty malt starts things off, giving space quickly for a tart milk coffee that draws up nicely to the malt, but doesnít exceed what is already present. Surprising and somewhat daring in its flavor combination, but it certainly works well in this example. Recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
jredmond (5341) - Manhattan, New York, USA - OCT 18, 2013
Bottle extra courtesy of Mikem, thank you sir. Pours a light body. Aroma is fresh coffee grinds and vanilla. Mouthfeel is on the lighter side with a burst of fresh coffee and smooth vanilla and grain. Weirdly, this beer works somehow.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SpongeRuiner (729) - Michigan, USA - OCT 11, 2013
Another weird one by Odd Side. Iím not complaining. The description points toward a hint of coffee but I got a whole lot. It wasnít bad but the blond and coffee didnít pair with each other as well as I was hoping.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
$2.19 single bought at Fairway Sav-More in Eastpointe, Michigan. I knew this had recently been released in bottles, and I pretty much have to get my hands on anything Odd Side puts out... I love their stuff. Appearance: The name of the beer is obviously referring to... well... Google it. Bean Flicker is a super pale yellow color, which Iíd expect for the style. A few floaters and a couple pieces of sediment. Three finger, soapy-ish head dies to one and sticks around for quite awhile. Thereís really no lacing. Really looks like piss, but who cares? Smell: Welp, coffee. Malts. Kind of also smells like some sort of fresh baked something or other that I canít put my finger on... coffee cake? Smells very good. Taste/feel: Here we go again, Odd Side impresses me. Again. Really liking how this drinks... itís about what I expected. Itís a blonde ale with coffee in it. What do you want me to say? The flavor of this is actually a bit more than I thought to expect, but thatís fine by me. If thatís not enough, thereís a solid feel to this as well. The coffee flavor manages to stick to your tongue for awhile after you sip, which I enjoy a lot -- ya donít need a dark beer to get a coffee fix in your beer, and this blonde ale proves that. A 4.5% beer with a nice body? Surprisingly bold flavor? Count me in. Odd Side just doesnít disappoint... worth the slight up-charge.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jbrana (449) - NASHVILLE, Tennessee, USA - SEP 15, 2013
Overwhelming flavors of chocolate and only mild coffee notes. Kind of bitter and something artificial tasting about the flavoring. Novel concept, and not bad on the initial taste, but the finish is bad. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrSilverworm (6402) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 11, 2013
12oz bottle purchased somewhere in Michigan. Looks like a somewhat low fill. Clear golden orange color. Thin white head. No lace really sticks. Impressive big coffee flavor dominates the flavor. Maybe a bit of bready, biscuity malt in the back. Hint of chocolate. Light to medium body. Light to moderate carbonation, kind of softer crisp texture. Lightly sticky in the finish. Good long coffee aftertaste in the finish. Light citrusy hop. Moderate bitter taste, light to moderate sweet. Not your typical golden ale, but a very tasty and unusual coffee beer.. Much better than expected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brigadier (2975) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - SEP 8, 2013
On tap at GTMW 2013
I always like trying new breweries especially from the Midwest. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. This was a definite winner even if it was not the biggest beer. If I run across more in Michigan I think I might pick them up if there is room for them.

Aroma / Appearance - A golden glowing base is transparent but also dark. Coffee, grain, and golden crisps brighten the air. A blend of espresso adds more depth. Creamy edges round out a fine profile.

Flavor / Profile - Creamy coffee starts the flavor parade with a bang. It tastes a bit like a cream ale with a blast of vanilla by the end. The coffee aspect isnít that strong in the end. This was a little unusual but well worth the stop.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
FunkyBrewster (1518) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 5, 2013
12 oz bottle. Pours a deep golden with a small white head. Aroma is very strong mocha coffee character, vanilla, cream, coffee like a latte with vanilla. Flavor has much the same, straightforward vanilla and cocoa and coffee. Finishing sweet and nestle cocoa powder. Fizzy carbonation, too much for the style, soda-like prickle that should be softer to let all those sweet notes roll. Medium body. The more I drink the more I kind of feel like its an artificial coffee character but it has some nice notes to it