Odd Side Ales Derelicte Pineapple IPA

Odd Side Ales Derelicte Pineapple IPA
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 40   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4   ABV: -
Fresh cut pineapples brewed in an IPA…need I say more?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
b3shine (4460) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 28, 2014
Draft to tulip. Abv is listed as 6.5% on the beer menu. Looks solid; malty though. A transparent burnt orange with foamy off-white head. Smells good; pineapple juice with a bit of sweet pale malt. Tastes like it smells, but not quite as pineappley. Average on the palate. Enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
koleminer20 (432) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - MAR 26, 2014
From notes. On tap at Odd Side on March 21. The pour is a dark, dark copper with a thin white head and some decent lacing. The aroma is typically hoppy for an IPA, with a light fruitiness that I can say I was a little disappointed in. I was definitely expecting more of a pineapple presence. The flavor is also typically IPA. There is some hoppiness on the front with a good maltiness on the back end. The mouth feel is really thin and slick, with a light creaminess coming from the carbonation. The bitter, fruity aftertaste does seem to linger a bit

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
charule (813) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 22, 2014
In tap at connors public house. Poured amber with thin white head with huge lace. Sweet pineapple fruit aroma. Light carb med bod. Bitter pineapple hop taste. Different

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SpongeRuiner (576) - Michigan, USA - OCT 14, 2013
On tap at Pete’s Place. I was pretty excited to try this one. I think I might have brought it up a little too much in my head before I had it. I was a little disappointed. I think I was expecting more pineapple. I got a little bit in the aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
$5.25 pint had at Boat Works in St. Clair Shores, Michigan. Appearance: A nice, surprisingly pretty dark brown sort of color. Not much of a head to speak of, but there’s some decent lacing from top to bottom. Unfortunately, the highlight of the beer for me. Smell: Just.. some nondescript sweetness. As it warmed up, fruity notes came out, but it was just a pretty sweet smelling beer. I didn’t get any "fresh bursts" of hops or anything like I was expecting. Taste/feel: When I first got it, the beer was EXTREMELY cold, and tasted like a bitter mess... like I was drinking well water infused with serious notes of lead and copper. After the beer got to its "supposed-to-be-consumed" temperature, I actually kind of enjoyed it. At the beginning, I’d’ve given this a 2.5. After the bitterness went away and some sweetness and pineapple shined through, I thought it was pretty good. I’m not a fan of pineapple as far as the actual fruit (mostly a texture thing) is concerned, but I can enjoy the flavor. I don’t get a huge amount of pineapple or specific sorts of hops in this beer, but it does taste alright. Not overly bitter, pretty easy drinking... not bad. Odd Sides for once didn’t blow me away! I didn’t think their Mayan Mocha Stout was great (at least for a Summer drinker), but I liked it more than this. This is a decent IPA, but not one I’d seek out in the future a second time, given the other great beers in Odd Side’s line-up.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
firstsip (261) - Michigan, USA - SEP 16, 2013
Darker yellow with lingering head. Very enjoyable pineapple nose. Slight bitter hops with traces of citrus and pineapple on the end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
jar72404 (426) - USA - SEP 2, 2013
On tap at slap shotz in DTW. Dark gold/copper with thin white head. Aroma is a citrus bomb. Flavor is bitter citrus. Okay, but too much bitterness and too little complexity IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
callmemickey (2273) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2013
Dark golden-orange body, medium to thin white head, spotty lacing. Light ripe pineapple and mild caramel malts. Medium bodied, semi-sweet, mild bitterness, lingering finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bigtaster (527) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Pale gold color white frothy head. Nose had fruit and candy some spice. Up front small amount of bitterness which lasts a while. Easy to drink dry and tasty, fairly well balanced.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
ICEatALAMO (873) - Troy, Michigan, USA - JUL 23, 2013
Draft. The pour is that if a standard lager and the same with the aroma. The taste is just a nasty mix of hops and grapefruit, I guess exactly what they were going for. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone