Odell Double IPA
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 3.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

IPAsavedMYlife's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
IPAsavedMYlife (345) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - OCT 4, 2012
Some carbonation, soft head. Slightly off white, settled fairly quickly. Aroma is very floral, with a lot of citrus influence. Almost sweet smelling. Moutfeel, Is medium, not anything to write home about, kind of slick. Definate alcoholic burn in this one. Taste is pretty bitter, and lacking in flavoring hops. Color is very nice hazy orange. Long lasting, bitter finish. Overall quite enjoyable. Almost notes of barley wine in there. Enjoyability: 4/5, would def drink again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RickReallyBrew (32) - Franktown, Colorado, USA - OCT 29, 2014
Thought I loved the Odell IPA so gave this a try. The hop nose was nonexistent. The color was cloudy. I canít put my finger on it but there was an overall bitter flavor that I have to say did not taste like hop alpha lupulin. Tasted more like a soapy flavor. I really did not like this double IPA and I drink a lot of Titan by Great Divide, Arogant Bastard by Stone and similar brews by Epic and others. I donít know if someone didnít rinse the kegs or if the Mash temperature got over 170. There are lots of ways to goof up a batch of beer. My wife tasted citrus notes in this brew. This brew lacked the floral nose I was expecting, the sweet nectar of malt was not apparant because there was the other flavor I previously described. I am wondering if this batch or keg had a bacterial infection. The haze and off flavors tell me something went wrong. Iíll try it again somewhere before I put a nail in the coffin for Odellís double IPA

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BlowOffTube (499) - Michigan, USA - SEP 28, 2014
Orange pour white head. Citrus aroma lots of malt. Same taste medium body..Lots of citrus lots of malt. Okay dipa.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
AKORN (182) - Virginia, USA - MAR 30, 2014
Golden appearance with a nice citrus aroma. Strong bitter citrus tastes with a lite malt and bitterness finish. High ABV I blended well. I like.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beersnobchi (25) - chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2012
Lovely, well balanced and somewhat light weight for itís style. Just wish we could get it in the Midwest...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blackflag321 (504) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 19, 2012
Very smooth for an imperial IPA considering the ABV. Nice bitterness kick on the aftertaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerguy101 (5287) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 19, 2010
Sampled at GABF on 9/17/2010. This Imperial IPA pours a slightly hazy gold color from the tap. Medium sized white foamy head. The aroma is grapefruity, fruity and sweet. A medium to full bodied Imperial IPA. The malts are fruity and sweet. The hops are grapefruity and citrusy. Lively carbonation. Lots of hop flavor without a lot of bitterness. Hides the alcohol very well. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and crisp. Aftertaste is slightly bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brucebruce81 (258) - Wyoming, USA - APR 17, 2010
this beer was very bitter typical of ipaís I think it was an ok beer but nothing I would buy again

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sammy (8912) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 7, 2010
Enjoyed on tap at Yard House Scottsdale. A decent drinking beer, it is new and fresh. Hoppy aroma. Very lacey. In your face bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 8, 2009
I had this on tap at the Falling Rock last Friday as part of their 10th anniversary celebration. The beer was straw-yellow with a white head and looked identical to the Odell IPA (i drink it a lot). The smell was skunky (not like a skunked beer) hops. The taste was very, very bitter and not good at all to me. Too oily, bitter, and ashy. My reaction was "they had it right the first time". Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 06-19-2007 16:47:54