overall

RATINGS: 265   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.73   EST. CALORIES: 12   ABV: 0.4%
A-B’s Premium NA beer, made with caramel malts.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
blipp (5967) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - OCT 24, 2013
Bottle. Pours gold with an off white head. Sweet malt extract, toffee, and grain. Gross, but not the grossest.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
kdm1984 (634) - Missouri, USA - OCT 8, 2013
Hmmm, this isn’t half-bad, actually. Whereas the other O’Doul’s is pretty much a bunch of water with a couple of beer characteristics, this truly tastes like a beer. I could have been fooled. While it’s a huge exaggeration to describe it as "rich and flavorful," as it says on the bottle, you *can* taste some light caramel malts. Is this a great beer? Of course not. Is it a nice substitute when one doesn’t one to have some booze? Sure. It’s actually better than a lot of macros. Color me surprised.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
DedicatedToFun (2334) - Santa Monica, California, USA - JUL 25, 2013
Bottle from local irish pub, my friend ordered a beer and they gave him this, .4% amber, okay.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jercraigs (7638) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 18, 2013
Crisp dark amber body with a massive foamy beige head. Sweetish malt, dry touches and not quite cardboardy undertones. Dusty malt notes, similar dusty carboard and caramel malt in the aroma. Average bodied palate. Surprisingly inoffensive for a non-alcoholic brew. A fun tick at a fun wedding. Bottle at Laura and Andrew’s Wedding

There was a young man name Gill
Who never could eat his full
Expiry dates
We’re never too late
But Laura kisses him still!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
bulldogops (1048) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 30, 2013
Ah. 0.5% grocery store beers. Takes me back to my deranged childhood where 3 of us 12 year old neerdowells purchased 2-24s of these, and deduced that we could get drunk by pounding 15-20 of these. The result was well-watered fir trees in a public park. Oh yeah, you want me to rate this. This one gets a little respect. Mild malty flavour, solid carbonation, almost balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
bytemesis (3028) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JUN 26, 2013
Can. Pours clear amber, small creamy beige head, decent lacing. Aroma is caramel, hay, cardboard. Flavor is about the same. Not offensive at all. Medium body, fizzy. This na beer is getting a bad wrap. A lot of so called "normal" beers are worse.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
wildbeercat (353) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - MAY 31, 2013
12 fl oz / 355mL bottle into a pint glass. Served cold. Aroma: Not much going on here. Some sweet cereals. Not offensive. If anything, it smells like an "off" beer. Appearance: Pleasantly surprised; it actually appears to be an amber. Brown, light rust body with a white head that fizzes away almost immediately. Taste: Sweet and bready. Maybe you like that kind of thing. Maybe you like the kind of beer that tastes like Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls. I enjoy it, just not in my beer. A fine taste, though. Not bad. Almost has some caramel-y doppelbock flavor. Palate: Light-medium body. The finish actually endures a little bit! Overall: Made me re-evaluate low-alcohol/non-alcohol beers. My parents don’t drink, and I got them hooked on this stuff. If I were looking for something to drink without getting drunk, or something for friends who, for whatever reason, don’t imbibe, I’d look for this for them. Pleasant surprise.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
kramer (4866) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 29, 2013
Bottle. Pours a clear light amber body with a small fizzy white head that fell quickly to a wispy film. The nose is quite sweet and grainy with a very husky and corn-laced undertone. There’s a bit of an odd coffee or burnt caramel like note as well. Not exactly an appetizing start. The flavor pretty much like drinking wort. It’s sweet caramel and corn syrup with a light burnt caramel note on the finish. There are zero hops used in this, which I find odd, you would think that lots of hops would be a natural starting point for making a tasty product that is like beer but doesn’t have alcohol. Lighter bodied with a bit of clingy stickiness and fizzy carbonation. They should maybe call this Malta Light. Pretty sure that if I had to give up alcohol, I still wouldn’t turn to this.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
radio_nowhere (759) - Maryland, USA - APR 7, 2013
Getting to the end of beer styles, got this one for the tick. Not my proudest purchase, even the cashier shook his head at me. 12oz bottle into lager glass, copper-amber color with off-white head. Aroma of grain and faint caramel malt. Taste is malt sweetness and a faint vegetal note. Light body, heavy carbonation, sweet and thin. Very minimal sweet finish. My takeaway is this is like malt-barley water. It is what it is, and for me that’s hopefully my only low-alcohol style review.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
MrBeerFanatic (841) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 2, 2013
Light amber body with a decent frothy head. Light aromas of grain and corn malt, with just a hint of caramel. Flavors of corn, grain, faint caramel, and slightskunk. Slight sour grain and not as watery as expected.