overall

RATINGS: 233   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
SILVER METAL 2000 Great American Beer Festival! Big, bold hop flavors define this wonderful India Pale Ale. This is a stronger, hoppier version of a regular pale ale. Loads of Columbus, Cascade, Willamette and Centennial hops are used in this beer that would please any hop-head!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Oscbert (1013) - Sacramento, California, USA - JUN 17, 2008
~Pours a light honey color. ~Distinct sweet hop scent, almost a chemical smell. ~Taste is very hoppy and citrusy. Too much.. ~Astringent and dry feel. ~Its too sour and bitter for me. A stomache turner. Im wondering if I got a bad one. Normally I like high hop beers. This one was just weird.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Thorpe429 (5012) - , Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2010
A: way too light to be an ipa. Looks like a lager. S: almost nothing. Less hop presence than the pale ale. Terrible. T: grassy or wheaty and way too bitter. Not hop bitter--bitter face tape bitter. Gross. M: exceedingly dry with minimal carbonation. D: I would not have another.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
bartalone (40) - Alabama, USA - NOV 11, 2010
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2011 This reminds me of something that is not intended for consumption. It tastes like you chewed an Aspirin and washed it down with warm flavored Tea. I took one drink and the retched flavor remains on my tongue several minutes later. Im going to hold my nose and power it down as it is my last beer and wanted to catch a buzz.