O.H.S.O. Black IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aurelius (4229) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 12, 2013
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2013 Black, with a thin tan head. Nice roast and hop aroma -- nutty, porterish. Very smooth mouth and taste, good roast. Pleasant hopping. O.H.S.O. Eatery & NanoBrewery, on tap. I’m reading the previous raters’ low marks on this beer - I respect Daknole, in particular - and reckon that my against-the-grain ratings must have been due to a bad previoius batch. There’s a chance that I might have been too charitable with this, but it definitely was not a 2.0 beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
daknole (9142) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUN 27, 2013
Dark pour, very small head. I wished I had better news about this one...and I would like to homer rate it..but its difficult. Something went awry here. Butter, something vegetal...I wonder what happened?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
GT2 (8507) - San Diego County, California, USA - JUN 8, 2013
Tap at OHSO nano. Excellent lacing. Tan lace on black body. Funky lime juice nose, super heavy red apple oxidation. Green apple acetaldehyde on the verge of straight green apple jolly rancher. Taste is medicinal. Astringent mouthfeel. Not good. This brewery has a fundamental brewing/fermentation problem that needs identifying.