overall

RATINGS: 646   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
Another, after Okocim Wheat, koneserski variant in the family Okocim, which promises exceptional taste and aesthetic experiences. By combining several types of malt, including Munich, caramel and roasted, and two month aging period okocimski Porter reached a unique dark color and a deep, noble taste, seasoned with hints of cedar.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
krisfleet (130) - Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2002
This beer smelled good. It had an extremely clear flavor for a stout. It was crisp and strong. A lot of different flavors goiung on here. I may have to re-rate this beer when I am not as wasted. I liked it though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - JUL 21, 2002
Too much alcohol flavor for a porter. The alcohol completely dominated the aroma and the taste. I didnít care for this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2002
A very good doppelbock, er, I mean, porter from Okocim. Itís certainly a very íbockyí porter, and from the comments of some experienced raters, is somewhat representative of the Baltic porter style. If, as Philly beer2112 says, this is bottom-fermented, doesnít that make this a lager? I thought it was indeed sweet, but not overly so as the very strong malts came through to balance everything out well. A good PorterBock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fraternie (806) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2002
IMHO, this is not nearly as bad, nor nearly as good, as some of the more experienced raters believe that it is. The main problem here is that the flavor is not even in Zyweicís league..slight chocolate malt but not complexity of other flavors, and the initial malt flavor quickly disappears. However, the finish, albeit amazingly and horrifically dry, is not out of balance. For an abv over 8%, this is impressively drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Aubrey (3417) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Fruity and alcoholic nose demands your attention from the beginning... a little teasing, as the beer was sweeter than I expected. A lot of dark fruit flavors swirling around that I liked: a little prune and plum, but mostly raisin. Warming alcohol in the finish; made the blood rush to the cheeks. A little twangy-sourness thing going on, which made my mouth shrivel a little - in a good way, of course. A little sweet spiciness popped up the olfactory passage. Donít really have too many beers to compare to this (in this sub-style), so itís hard to rate. All I know is, itís not my ideal porter.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 18, 2002
My first experience with the Baltic porter style, and it definitely takes some getting used to. After my first couple of sips, I was sure I wouldnít finish the bottle; but, mysteriously, the flavor grew on me. It helped that the beer warmed up; this is *much* better at room temperature than it is refrigerated! Update: I have to knock this beer down a few points because somehow, the memory of it just isnít appealing; I really have no desire to drink another bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jake Barnes (456) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 2, 2002
Well it ainít Zywiec thats for sure. Nice looking but a weird vegetable/malt aroma. For some reason i bought this thinking it was Oakes approved. OH wait, that was MJ I apologize to Oakes for ever confusing the two.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 21, 2002
Not good at all. Way too bitter, and a flavoring like tar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - APR 21, 2002
Not my idea of good. Some soy action going on. I can understand why others might like it, but it just went way too far for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - APR 2, 2002
A STRONG porter, more in the range of an imperial stout. Malty and roasty aromas and flavors. A lot of residuals for the strength. A one and done type of quaff.