Old Forge Blacksmith’s Gold

Brewed by Old Forge (UK)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Faringdon, England

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Cask; Regular. Also available bottled.
Golden in colour with a refreshing floral aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
downender (6275) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 31, 2011
Cask-conditioned the Radnor Arms, Coleshill 30/7/2011. Deep gold in colour with a slight white head. Aroma of tangerines, peaches and grassy hops. Easy drinking, with some more fruit, biscuity malts and a dryish finish. Good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fin (7408) - Merton, Oxfordshire, England, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - OCT 16, 2010
Cask, gravity at The Hop Pole, Aylesbury, Bucks, Autumn Beer Festival, 15.10.10 Pours golden in colour with wispy white head. At first I felt like this had a slight chemical taint, which if I’m being honest I’m inclined to believe may have been as a result of this being the first beer drawn from this cask and the plastic taps being used having been taken out of the sterilising solution and possibly not rinsed through totally. Fortunately this got better to reveal a brisk, feisty golden beer that was crisp and fresh, nice bitterness, but lacking the floralness on the nose that I was expecting. It’s a simple but decent first beer that I’ve had from this new brewery, the chemical taint comes back a little at the end, though I’m sure that this isn’t the beer as we’ve had taps from Vale before that have been passed on straight out of the sterilising solution, I may be wrong but that’s what my guess is. A6 A4 T7 P3 Ov13 3.3