Old Harbor Taina (Cream Ale)

Old Harbor Taina (Cream Ale)
     click to upload

Brewed by Old Harbor Brewery
Style: Cream Ale
San Juan, Puerto Rico

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Glouglouburp (5934) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 18, 2013
In short: An amateurish fruity golden ale. Meh.
How: Tap at bewpub.
The look: Partly cloudy dark amber body topped by a persistent small white head.
In long: Nose is orange flesh, mild caramel Taste is tangerines, orange flesh, corn, mild leafy-fruity bitterness, a little acidity in the finish. Light body and with a soda-pop carbonation. A so-called Cream Ale that is not even served nitro. This beer tasted more like an Pale Ale than their actual Pale Ale, these guys don’t have a clue what they’re doing or they just don’t care (most likely both). Not offensive like most other Old Harbor beers, just rather boring but still pretty drinkable. And when our Old Harbor waitress came by to check if everything was ok I say “yes, everything is fine” because I am a very polite and I’d rather lie than to offend someone, that’s why my wife believes I suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder, I don’t want her to know how boring she is.