overall
Brewed by Trafalgar Ales and Meads
Style: Pale Lager
Oakville, Canada

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Imported Saaz hops contribute a delicate aroma to this delightful beer. Light in colour yet complex in flavour, Grand Lager was developed to be the perfect beer for a warm summer day. An excellent compliment is spicy foods

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jimmay (807) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 30, 2009
650 ml bottle from LCBO. Pours a light golden colour, with a small white head. Aroma is initially a bit musty, but settles to mildly hoppy. Taste is slightly bitter. Lively carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
cfrancis (2859) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2009
Cloudy straw with some sediments. Aroma is citrus and yeast. Taste is a little bitter with citrus hints. Not bad but many do it better. Reminded me of a cheap man’s Heritage Premium Lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nekronos (3849) - Xalapa, MEXICO - MAY 21, 2009
Nice but a little bitter if accompaning it with some olives. It has the sandy taste of the Canadian beers and nice aroma.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
wilderthanyou (758) - Guelph, CANADA - NOV 2, 2008
Blah! Man, this stuff is truly the one of the worst pale lagers I have ever had. The aroma is ok, with mainly just a watered down grassy saaz hop smell. But the flavour, oh god the horror, starts out starts out like it almost might not be that bad, with a little bit of hops upfront, and a touch of weak malts in the middle, but by the time this beer touches the back of your throat it tastes like your drinking dish soap. This stuff is actually giving me a stomach ache. Extremely low drinkability.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DuffMan (8628) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 23, 2008
Bomber bottle. Hazy straw yellow pour, moderate white head. Buttery sweet aroma (my wife says it smells like buttered popcorn!). Buttery malt, sweet, lightly hopped finish.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JesseM (1158) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - APR 10, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2008 650ml bomber from the LCBO. I’m not entirely sure why I bought this, I guess I have to lay off the PCP. Pours a hazy golden colour with a creamy textured white head. Aroma: Actual grassiness from the hops, some ok malts, but there’s the tell-tale Trafalgar spoiled sourness in there too. Oh man. Flavour: Not as hideous as I was expecting, but definitely not something I’m going to be finishing. Loads of weird vegetable flavours on top of spoiled sourness. I’ve heard the beers from this brewery HAVE to be had within tenish days of bottling, and this seems like it would be decent if fresh, but to be honest, in my opinion that’s unacceptable. If you’re going to send your products into a retail system, that kind of unreliability simply isn’t acceptable. Bottle your f***ing beers better and maybe I’ll be more inclined to actually spend money on them EVER again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
yarry (528) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 2, 2007
Purchased at Trafalgar Brewery. 650ml Bottle, 4% a/v Pours a warm gold colour with light white head. Nose is malt and floral grass. The taste is strange, malty, fruity and has a strange aftertaste.. almost like hops and gummi bears.. Weird. But not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
tomthompson89 (1968) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 27, 2007
yellow color, no head grainy nose. corn flavor, very watery, no real body, odd aftertaste

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
gilvanblight (820) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 18, 2007
Extremely clear pour. Had to try to get a head but when I did it was nice and frothy. Very weak scent. Barely discernable in a smoke free home. A bit of hops and grass, maybe. Suprisingly nice warm taste. A lot more palate then I expected from the scent. A somewhat bitter hoppy aftertaste that I’m not a big fan of. The taste has a bit of fruit, hops, grass, wheat and a touch of honey. Definately not the best beer I have had, but amazingly good for a light beer. A depth of character that suprised me. Maybe not my highest rate, but my highest rated light beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
sstackho (249) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2007
650mL bottle. Pours a nice cloudy light straw with quite a bit of head. Aroma is tart. The initial taste is rather tart - almost metallic in nature. In the end, it settles down to being quite lemony. The taste stays relatively sour throughout. The aftertaste is not particularly pleasing. This isn’t really my cup of tea, errrrrrr, beer, but at least it wasn’t the bland lager I was fearing it might be.