overall

RATINGS: 760   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
The Old Milwaukee brands have always stood for steadfast American quality. These masterfully crafted lagers revel in being predictably superior and uncomplicated. No gimmicks, just great tasting beer. How great? Old Milwaukee Light is the most award-winning light beer in the history of the Great American Beer Festival. Which proves that there’s nothing more refreshing than a commitment to fundamentals.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Matt2k99 (3) - USA - FEB 4, 2002 does not count
So bad, it’s spooky.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
darkvibe (68) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 4, 2002
This is another bad one. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bicmeister99 (1) - Portland, Maine, USA - JAN 29, 2002 does not count
Some cheapskate brought some of this to a party I was at. He insisted I try one. It was very possibly the worst beer I’ve tasted in years. I discretely poured it down the toilet and got something else to drink. I imagine the toilet was anxiously waiting for someone to come along and take a piss so that IT could get rid of the awful taste of this beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 27, 2002
I spent many years living in Florida and Georgia, states rendered beer wastelands by stupid laws regarding alcohol content and bottle sizes(Florida’s was recently repealed). Anyway, beer drinking takes on a different meaning in this environment. It’s for shooting pool, having bbq’s, football, generally to pass the day and get drunk! I wasn’t drinking it for the taste, per se. Enjoyable, no doubt, just different from buying $5 beers for the incredible flavor. I drank lots of beer, and when you drink that much, you want to economize. My cheap beer of choice was Old Milwaukee. I really found no reason to complain about it, what do you expect when you can get a twelve pack for less than the price of one bottle of some of the beers we rate here. It’s got a clean, crisp flavor, and plenty of bite compared to most cheap beers that taste watery. The only thing is that it has a spoiled wine nose to it, it has always had this smell ever since I started drinking it in the early ’80s. I don’t usually do this, but in this case my rating is adjusted for price.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2002
This beer confirms the fact that everything from Pabst is awful. I think they purposefully brew shitty beer.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Brian (145) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2002
Considering the size these things can be found in, it appears quantity is supposed to win over quality, and it shows. Very little taste, just the slightest bit of body, and a smell that’s not out of place on grandpa’s farm. Avoid.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dougan (93) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - JAN 12, 2002
Very watered down, with the skunky taste and smell. Don’t know how anyone could drink more then a bottle of it, if that!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
nmlump99 (8) - Michigan, USA - JAN 8, 2002 does not count
Nothing like warm mill water

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - DEC 27, 2001
I had a sip, just out of curiosity, to see if it was really as bad as I thought it would be. It fully lived up to expectations. This is the very meaning of the word ’skunky’ in taste and smell. How can the brewers of this stuff live with themselves? Oh well, I guess they’re keeping rednecks happy.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2001
Old Mud - hooo boy it’s a stinker. Not the absolute worst but barely hanging in there. Style points only for old school-ness.