overall

RATINGS: 763   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
The Old Milwaukee brands have always stood for steadfast American quality. These masterfully crafted lagers revel in being predictably superior and uncomplicated. No gimmicks, just great tasting beer. How great? Old Milwaukee Light is the most award-winning light beer in the history of the Great American Beer Festival. Which proves that thereís nothing more refreshing than a commitment to fundamentals.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Davhgbrew (948) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2002
This beer confirms the fact that everything from Pabst is awful. I think they purposefully brew shitty beer!

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Monolith (5) - Turku, FINLAND - FEB 7, 2002 does not count
Got this one from friend of mine who was in States. Interesting to get some other brand than Bud******! This remind a lot of typical German Pils or some of the northern Europes lagers, lot of hop in there. Quite a regular, not for tasting but only to get drunk. Still better than Bud...

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
SpecialBrew99 (57) - grand blanc, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2002
I would rather not drink, than have to drink this. Only way I would ever drink it is if 5 guys held me down and poured it down my throat.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Matt2k99 (3) - USA - FEB 4, 2002 does not count
So bad, itís spooky.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
darkvibe (68) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 4, 2002
This is another bad one. Iíll spend my money elsewhere.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bicmeister99 (1) - Portland, Maine, USA - JAN 29, 2002 does not count
Some cheapskate brought some of this to a party I was at. He insisted I try one. It was very possibly the worst beer Iíve tasted in years. I discretely poured it down the toilet and got something else to drink. I imagine the toilet was anxiously waiting for someone to come along and take a piss so that IT could get rid of the awful taste of this beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 27, 2002
I spent many years living in Florida and Georgia, states rendered beer wastelands by stupid laws regarding alcohol content and bottle sizes(Floridaís was recently repealed). Anyway, beer drinking takes on a different meaning in this environment. Itís for shooting pool, having bbqís, football, generally to pass the day and get drunk! I wasnít drinking it for the taste, per se. Enjoyable, no doubt, just different from buying $5 beers for the incredible flavor. I drank lots of beer, and when you drink that much, you want to economize. My cheap beer of choice was Old Milwaukee. I really found no reason to complain about it, what do you expect when you can get a twelve pack for less than the price of one bottle of some of the beers we rate here. Itís got a clean, crisp flavor, and plenty of bite compared to most cheap beers that taste watery. The only thing is that it has a spoiled wine nose to it, it has always had this smell ever since I started drinking it in the early í80s. I donít usually do this, but in this case my rating is adjusted for price.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2002
This beer confirms the fact that everything from Pabst is awful. I think they purposefully brew shitty beer.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Brian (145) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2002
Considering the size these things can be found in, it appears quantity is supposed to win over quality, and it shows. Very little taste, just the slightest bit of body, and a smell thatís not out of place on grandpaís farm. Avoid.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dougan (93) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - JAN 12, 2002
Very watered down, with the skunky taste and smell. Donít know how anyone could drink more then a bottle of it, if that!