overall

RATINGS: 740   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
The Old Milwaukee brands have always stood for steadfast American quality. These masterfully crafted lagers revel in being predictably superior and uncomplicated. No gimmicks, just great tasting beer. How great? Old Milwaukee Light is the most award-winning light beer in the history of the Great American Beer Festival. Which proves that there’s nothing more refreshing than a commitment to fundamentals.

tone77's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
tone77 (256) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Has a very pale yellow color. Smell is mild, some corn, Taste is crisp, light, some corn and grains. Overall not bad for the price point, but nothing special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Shanebrews (167) - Texas, USA - JUL 3, 2014
My grandfather’s beer. This one is on the light end of the pale lager spectrum. The aroma is grassy, the taste grainy and mild, the palate light, and the finish smooth. Overly gassy carbonation. I can drink it with him but it’s not something I would buy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
andyhwcinc (1426) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 29, 2014
Enjoyed on tap at Franks Power Plant in Milwaukee, WI while doing karaoke with friends. This one isn't exceptionally good, but it's also not exceptionally bad either. I can drink multiple and have horrible stomach pains, but no blistering hangover the next day. So that's good, I guess.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
kalervo (666) - FINLAND - JUN 29, 2014
Nummenrannassa. 0,355 l bottle labelled as Pabst Blue Ribboon, is this the same stuff? Nothing disturbing, nothing to remember in this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blackisle (585) - IJburg, NETHERLANDS - JUN 22, 2014
Backlog 2011. Clear pale yellow color; aroma grain, corn, grass; moderate sweet and slightly bitter; light body, watery texture; aftertaste as in taste.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
jpkeskinen (181) - FINLAND - JUN 17, 2014
Drank from a can while on holiday and couldn’t find any good beer. The beer has very little taste, maybe a hint of hops.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
hockeybeerguy (1474) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Anyone out there remember the commercial "tastes as great as its name." Hmmm...I hope I don’t sound too old saying that, well, anyways, here’s my take on this. When this was actually poured into a pint glass, this is what I saw. There was a semi-decent golden to yellow color with a rapidly dissipating foamy white head. There wasn’t any lacing. The smell had some cooked corn/rice of sorts and that was it. The taste was sweet through the cooked corn/rice of sorts. The palate sat about a light to medium and had a decent sessionability about it. Overall, hmmm....growing up this was my father’s go to beer to pour over the Memorial Day pig roast. I remember fairly well watching him sip over the can and then pour over the pig. It was kinda fun back in the day to watch everyone around me have a good ol’ time with beer and I thought back then maybe some day I’ll have my beer. Wow, what a walk down memory lane tonight as I see how many beers I’ve actually consumed and finally got around to this and honestly, would I have this again? Probably not. Why? Well, there just really isn’t much there. Maybe someday, I’ll do my own pig roast with my son and buy some of this just to show my son how much of an idiot I look like.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
AgentAle (580) - Alberta, CANADA - MAY 29, 2014
Aroma is bland malt and slight bitterness. Adjuncts and some carbonation present. Taste is much the same. Some sweet maltiness that is consumed by bland bitterness and malt dryness. Appearance is a clear gold with a pearl head that retains poorly.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Zarkam (369) - Helsinki, FINLAND - MAY 10, 2014
355ml bottle from a supermarket in Helsinki, labelled as Pabst Blue Ribbon, 4.5% abv, seems to be the same stuff as in Sweden. Clear light yellow colour, tiny fully disappearing fizzy white head, no lacing. Aroma is mainly grain and corn with a hint of grassy hops. Taste is slightly sweet initially turning into a short bitterish finish with a metallic and chalky feel. Light body, dry/thin texture, lively carbonation. Quite a cheap feeling bulk lager, perhaps not quite as awful as Budweiser but on par with the cheaper stuff here.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Patrickctenchi (3401) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAY 5, 2014
Can: Pours clear, bubbly gold with a gigantic white head. Lemon, barley aroma. Watery, cereal-honey malt flavor. Fairly sweet. Dull...aroma is not offensive, but the taste is incredibly lifeless.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
MattiasA (862) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAY 4, 2014
Bottle from Systembolaget. An easy-drinking international lager, you shouldn’t expect much.