overall

RATINGS: 100   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.27   EST. CALORIES: 116   ABV: 3.88%
Note: this is only for the 3.2 version made for markets with specific ABV limits.

oe80099 (5) - USA - JAN 8, 2002 does not count
OE does a great job with this stuff.

OE40MONTANA (1) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 30, 2007 does not count
The road to hell is paved with the rotting carcases of those whom do not bow down to the mighty 40. All of you will write letters to Tumwater asking forgiveness or face damnation. All Hail the glorious 40! All hail the magnificent 40! ALL HAIL THE 40 CLUB OF AMERICA! UNITE OR DIE!!!!!!

niklavs11 (8) - USA - OCT 24, 2009 does not count
ahh old english your delicious flavor is amazing also it doesnt have the same alcoholic taste that ruins the original also it pours a delicious golden color this beer is amazing this is the flavor of beer that is good

mmmmbeer123123 (9) - Alabama, USA - OCT 21, 2010 does not count
best shit eva me and my boy cory drink this shit all the time. shit is cheap and good. remember to dump some for homies not with us anymore

billgant (1) - USA - OCT 21, 2010 does not count
I just have to give it full marks because I the first time I drank a 40, it was OldE 800. That night was one of the best nights of my life. It might not taste, or smell the best, but it will always remind me of good times.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Leighton (11874) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2014
Bottle shared during the RBESG 2014 London Grand Tasting - Moncada Brewery. Pours perfectly clear yellow with a foamy white cap. Nice and sugary without being syrupy and cloying, with teasing accents of paper, cereal and straw. Light bodied with average carbonation. Lightly sweet on the finish with further notes of cereal and paper. Nothing too wrong with this one. Solid session malt liquor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pepsican (1452) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - AUG 21, 2013
40 ounce bottle via hoffdogbro. Been looking for this one for years, thanks Kyle! I must say Iíve been eyeing the picture on here for years and having been meaning to report it for quite some time. I highly doubt the lady in the picture is actually drinking the 3.2% beer, and is most likely drinking the regular old English 800. Oh well. As far as the beer, it starts off with a nice crack of the neck. As I pour it into my snifter I am greeted with notes of corn, caramel, and a bit of earthy bitterness that I find in a lot of American malt liquors. The low ABV is so odd on this. Itís watery, something I have only found in a few of the 100+ malt liquors that I have drank. Still though, Odeed is right, it tastes just like the original Old English 800, which is a fine drink on a budget. Flavors are muted, but it isnít distracting. Finish with snappy carbonation, more than I normally get from this style. As far as this beer goes, itís simple, refreshing, and...not bad at all. Why in the fuck this is the lowest rated beer on this site is beyond me. Itís certainly not impressive, but Iíve had hundreds if not thousands of craft beers at this point that vary from not as good as this to much, much worse.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
brokensail (11599) - Orange County, California, USA - AUG 25, 2013
A big fucken 40 oz bottle courtesy of The Hoff. Thanks, brohammed. Opened this bad boy up at a tasting. Everyone thought I just brought the regular Olde English Malt Liquor, but they couldnít have been further from the truth. Everyone seemed to change their tune when I pointed out the fine print on the bottle that revealed this was in fact the 3.2 ABW version. The crowd went silent, the hands came out, waiting for a pour of this elusive elixir. The beer itself looks much like the original: pale golden pour with a foamy white head. Pretty bland, unoffensive aroma. Smells mostly like corn and lemon peels. Maybe some soap, grass, and malt or grain. A bit on the watery side. The flavor is more of the same. Bland, a bit watery, but sweet. Some corn and grain flavors, a bit of lemon, and some soap. A touch of grassy hops, no bitterness, and none of that fusel alcohol that is so prevalent in malt liquors. Overall, this is pretty innocuous, but itís also pretty low boost. Like with most of these kinds of beers, the ratings on this one are exaggerated downward. This isnít so bad at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ferris (5002) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 9, 2014
Bottle - Sweet water enough said, but of corse more is required, so this should be enought.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 12, 2001
I donít think I like fruit beers.