overall

RATINGS: 709   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Olde English 800 is one of America’s leading malt liquor brands. Commonly referred to as "OE800," it offers a smooth, rich taste with a slightly fruity aroma that is a favorite among malt liquor drinkers. Introduced in 1964, Olde English 800 was one of America’s original malt liquor brands. Olde English 800 enjoys a diverse consumer base that is linked together by an urban mind-set.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - JUN 24, 2002
Wow, I did not realize how much of a chore it is to drink one of these. Wet corn-y aroma, flavor is really non-existant except for hints of cabbage and wet cardboard. Finish is quite sweet. Whoo-hoo!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
mwsf (360) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Nothin beats sittin’ on the porch, drinkin’ some 8-ball. Well, okay... I can think of a lot of things that would beat drinking this nasty shit. It reminds me of the recording studio that my old band recorded at in crack town. Across the street was a Rite Aid with an armed guard in the parking lot that only sold malt liquor. Tons of OE. Nice neighborhood...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2002
Now this shit here is my bread and butter. Olde English is the best malt out there and if you guzzle it by the 40, you’ll understand why Eazy-E and all the rest rap about the shit. It’s just the shit, nothing more to say. Now I heard rumors from people in other college towns that OE made an ’80’ (ounce bottle). I never got any confirmation of this, BUT, in my hometown, they did make 64 ounce bottles, and those things were just too cool. It was like drinking from a gallon sized milk jug. People were always impressed when you rolled into the party with them. OE will also get you hammered, I wish I could still get it by the can, but I guess they cut back distribution when Miller bought out G.Heilman a few years back... I miss you OE cans!!!!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAY 23, 2002
I couldn’t even finish my glass.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Dogbrick (9160) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 21, 2002
I can’t imagine drinking 40oz of this regularly. Unfortunately I didn’t have any fallen homies to tip it for, so this was shared between 4 people (I know, we are SO ghetto). I wonder if the Belgian Monks tip a Westy when they lose one of theirs? I’d still take this over an A/B product any day.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
qwikstreet (43) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2002
Yo pass the 40 and a blunt! When desperate, I guess you would drink what your homie has in stock.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
JoeM500 (1907) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - MAY 17, 2002
Yo!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 10, 2002
Not bad at all. I bought a 40 on a very hot day fishing. It was even good warm. Better cold though!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 6, 2002
i’ll take it over most malt liquors

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Illini99 (9) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2002 does not count
A quality malt liquor, the 64oz cans (if they still produce them) make a nice souvenir. Taste isn’t that offensive as long as it hasn’t been sitting around.