overall

RATINGS: 709   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Olde English 800 is one of Americaís leading malt liquor brands. Commonly referred to as "OE800," it offers a smooth, rich taste with a slightly fruity aroma that is a favorite among malt liquor drinkers. Introduced in 1964, Olde English 800 was one of Americaís original malt liquor brands. Olde English 800 enjoys a diverse consumer base that is linked together by an urban mind-set.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ChrisBeest (43) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Malt beverages of any kind arenít my thing, I may be young, but no one deserves this. Spend a few more bucks and get something a little better, like Bud.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Part of my Youth. Something about listening to N.W.A. It gets some sort of weird íghetto credití in my memory. Besides that (re-adjusts score) itís putrid stuff. Anyone who drinks a forty of this stuff may suffer permanant brain damage.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Davhgbrew (947) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2002
This stuff is terrible. The worst 40 Iíve ever had. I donít know if iíd drink it even if it was free!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ttboy8099 (73) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Gets you drunk, mean drunk for under 4 bucks, good deal but itís hell getting there.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Indra (2693) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - FEB 6, 2002
Okay, so this was my first experience with a írealí malt liquor. I was curious to try it, though, mostly because of guys here like 21iceman40, who dichotomously seem to be able to enjoy a malt liquor, and lots of other good micros/imports from all over. I found this intriguing, and so decided to try some of this Olde English 800 when I saw a friend of mine drinking it. Color is typical pilsner, and the flavor profile is quite undescribable. It was light and heavy and the same time, with some corn(?) flavors and some sugar. Um, I didnít like it. At all. Most cheap beers that I personally have had donít really taste bad, they simply have no taste at all. This stuff, on the other hand, tasted bad. So bad that I could not have finished a whole 22 without a considerable amount of effort. How boring, then, Iím just a typical beer snob, not someone who can go run and grab some Blue Bull whenever I feel the need. Oh well.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 6, 2002
That ribbon must be for something else, because this is crap. This is depression beer, for when you want to get tossed in a short amount of time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
RedEft (155) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - FEB 5, 2002
All my snobby beer instincts tell me íNo!í. But this stuff goes directly to a center in my brain and convinces me that itís not so bad. I know it is, and you will too...until about the 20th Oz. My beer friends tell me Iím a sick man, and their concern is duly noted, but I kinda like this poison swill.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SpecialBrew99 (57) - grand blanc, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2002
I would rather watch paint dry than drink this. If I drank this I think i might puke all over because of the horrible taste.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 29, 2002
Only meant for getting drunk. Been there, done that. The thought of it now makes me nauseous. I have an old beer can of Olde English 600. I guess it is 200 better now.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
fukdis (10) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 24, 2002
It doesnít get any better than OE. Get drunk, slap some hos, pass out. Good times, good times.