overall

RATINGS: 701   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Olde English 800 is one of Americaís leading malt liquor brands. Commonly referred to as "OE800," it offers a smooth, rich taste with a slightly fruity aroma that is a favorite among malt liquor drinkers. Introduced in 1964, Olde English 800 was one of Americaís original malt liquor brands. Olde English 800 enjoys a diverse consumer base that is linked together by an urban mind-set.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
jreddish99 (5) - Laurel, Maryland, USA - OCT 1, 2001 does not count
Image is everything. One of the best comedic performances ever performed was two guys trying to convince me that OE was the best alcoholic drink on Earth. I tried it, and I like the cult image.

TallyMan99 (2) - USA - SEP 29, 2001 does not count
This shit rules! I canít feel my legs.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - SEP 26, 2001
Designed to keep urban minorities poor and drunk, this is an absolutely appalling brew. The less said about the taste, the better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
jonnyx99 (34) - USA - SEP 25, 2001
God Damn, thatís some get drunk shit! Tastes good, easy to down, always works. I enjoy this very much.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
lizziesage (180) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 23, 2001
The somewhat hight abv is produced by throwing in tons of sugars during production. This creates a sick tasting brew that is only fit for a ghetto. For those that suggest taste is irrelevant for a beer whose purpose is getting you buzzed need to re-examine the situation. Even the most generic distilled liquor will do a better job and even most wine. So why anybody drinks beer to get buzzed is beyond me.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
FearNoBeer1980 (10) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 23, 2001
Give me 2 40s of this shit and Iím ready to party. I accidentally shoulder tapped an undercover cop trying to buy this shit when I was 17.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
amceachern99 (70) - Albany, Oregon, USA - SEP 21, 2001
This shit gets you messed up. I love drinking a 40 of this shit, and being drunk as hell.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Got Stout? (173) - Wisconsin, USA - SEP 8, 2001
My overall impression is high just b/c it is so cheap and the abv is high. One hell of a party beer, and the OE 800 40ís are just ghetto

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
21iceman40 (1732) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 28, 2001
Iím a malt liquor fan and i can definetely say that OE is one of my favorites. The first few swigs are not the greatest, but after you get used to it it goes down fine. The percentage also helps.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
K-V-F-L (292) - LaVista, Nebraska, USA - AUG 19, 2001
No pretensions, no hops, but oddly not all that bad. Itís not high quality, certainly, but if youíre gonna drink beer out of a brown paper bag, youíre hardly gonna care, I suppose.