overall

RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 8, 2003
Pours yellow-gold, like urine, small bubbly head. Standard aroma of malt that smells like it's seen a bit too much of the light. Light malt flavors with a slight hop flavoring. Watery palate with a strong alcohol finish. Now don't get me wrong, I don't really like it, in fact I think it's pretty much shite.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - DEC 8, 2003
99 cents for a 24 oz can, this stuff has to be top of the line. After one taste I think I over paid. No charcoal taste like the stantard olde e. However this beer is full of crappy flavor!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
auto (163) - California, USA - OCT 14, 2003
possibly the worst beer i have ever tasted. it does get you drunk though. everytime i went for another sip it was like taking a bite of my mom's shitty meatlouaf before i could leave the table. and me leaving the table is a metaphour for me getting drunk.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 10, 2003
AYE! AYE BLOOD! PASS ME DAT 40! WORD DAWG. i hear with 40s it's the cool thing to do to drink the neck, then fill it with strawberry cisco and call it norte juice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - SEP 24, 2003
Whoa was this a blind buy for me.It's a rating and little else.Golden color,head what head this stuff poured a dead man stillness.The aroma was mild malt corn and alcohol with the taste being much the same with a bigger emphasis on the alcohol as well as the after taste.This is nothing but Ghetto brew but i have to say the price is right at $2.49/40oz and thats the best this brew will ever be,with the exception that the more you drink the better it gets.kind of like the tequila phenomenon or saying.This fits in the same category.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 19/20
naterizzle (4) - USA - AUG 21, 2003 does not count
This "beer" is delicious if you want to get F***ed up. That is the one and only purpose behind it. As far as high percentage malt liquor beers go, this is the best.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
garrison (757) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2003
Yo, this be the brew I an' my posse be swillin' ann' chillin' with befo' we go slap some hoes! A truly fine libation fo' yo' up-and-coming minority entrepenuer!

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2003
There used to be an after-hours bar open in town, in a crappy metal pole-building type of thing. It was a really awful place, and once around 3am (bars close at 1am here) my friend asked the guy behind the bar for a forty of OE Ice as a joke. Homeboy at the bar pulled out a cold forty of this crap, unscrewed it, and handed it to my friend. Two dollars. I guess the ABV here is higher than regular OE, so if you HAD to drink one of these it might be more worthwhile. There's nothing else to be said here.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2517) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2003
In my limited experience with this kind of "beer", I'd managed to find a handful that were bad but not as gross as I was expecting, and that was it. I was starting to think that my pre-conception that these types of beers would have to be just awful was wrong! And then I tried this trash. Disgustingly adjuncty sweet, even when cold. Grainy with alcoholic burn, a bit like gasoline. I drank as much as I could and instead of a buzz, I got a headache; clearly fusel-laden. Corny yellow color with enormous head, I have a hard time believing that's natural.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Well not really being a high gravity fan I was quite surprised with the taste, but for the alcohol content you cannot do much better, at least for the money