overall

RATINGS: 211   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - SEP 24, 2003
Whoa was this a blind buy for me.It's a rating and little else.Golden color,head what head this stuff poured a dead man stillness.The aroma was mild malt corn and alcohol with the taste being much the same with a bigger emphasis on the alcohol as well as the after taste.This is nothing but Ghetto brew but i have to say the price is right at $2.49/40oz and thats the best this brew will ever be,with the exception that the more you drink the better it gets.kind of like the tequila phenomenon or saying.This fits in the same category.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 19/20
naterizzle (4) - USA - AUG 21, 2003 does not count
This "beer" is delicious if you want to get F***ed up. That is the one and only purpose behind it. As far as high percentage malt liquor beers go, this is the best.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
garrison (749) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2003
Yo, this be the brew I an' my posse be swillin' ann' chillin' with befo' we go slap some hoes! A truly fine libation fo' yo' up-and-coming minority entrepenuer!

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2003
There used to be an after-hours bar open in town, in a crappy metal pole-building type of thing. It was a really awful place, and once around 3am (bars close at 1am here) my friend asked the guy behind the bar for a forty of OE Ice as a joke. Homeboy at the bar pulled out a cold forty of this crap, unscrewed it, and handed it to my friend. Two dollars. I guess the ABV here is higher than regular OE, so if you HAD to drink one of these it might be more worthwhile. There's nothing else to be said here.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2496) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2003
In my limited experience with this kind of "beer", I'd managed to find a handful that were bad but not as gross as I was expecting, and that was it. I was starting to think that my pre-conception that these types of beers would have to be just awful was wrong! And then I tried this trash. Disgustingly adjuncty sweet, even when cold. Grainy with alcoholic burn, a bit like gasoline. I drank as much as I could and instead of a buzz, I got a headache; clearly fusel-laden. Corny yellow color with enormous head, I have a hard time believing that's natural.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Well not really being a high gravity fan I was quite surprised with the taste, but for the alcohol content you cannot do much better, at least for the money

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
PorterPounder (5200) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2003
I have defintely had worse Malt Liquors. Has a sweet not unappealing aroma. Brief soapy white head - a tad bit of lacing. Appearance is very dark golden to light orange - a bit of bubble action going on. Alcohol is hidden very well - I expected something akin to rubbing alcohol when I bought it. A bit of a sweet malty flavor without an aftertaste - what more can you ask from a cheap malt liquor and a quick buzz. I'll never buy again - but I left impressed!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beerlover1982 (78) - Lacrosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 12, 2003
It's not too bad. Good alcohol content. It seems a little thick but after one you can drink it all night.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2003
i like it. tastes ok, isn't too expensive, and gets ya really drunk. works for me.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 2, 2003
OK. So I had a cheap night of PBR and this, whatever it is. At first smell it doesn't seem like it is going to be that bad, then holy shit you take a swig and the malts taste like they were shat out and sprinkle with honey. It took all of my energy to finish this one and have my drunken night.