overall

RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Khartnavi (22) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 28, 2010
Iím definitely going to rate this higher than others because I love malt liquor. The one Iím rating was a 40 I bought from the Huron Church location in Windsor. Iíve probably drank 200-300 of these in my life - anytime Iím drinking a 40 in Canada pretty much. The only thing I can complain about is the aroma - which is offensive. Thatís probably why Iíve never developed a habit of wafting my beer and Iím doing it on purpose now for my ratings here. Anyway, this stuff is delicious cold and you better drink it before it gets warm or youíre in trouble - thatís the problem most soft people have. Also, this is the OE available in Ontario because the OE in Ontario is 7.9% and not 6.1 or whatever the other beer on here is - that must be the American version.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pepsican (1444) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - JUL 20, 2010
This one was a beast. I didnít pour it into a glass, straight from the 40. Aroma of cereal and alcohol. Flavor was pretty much booze and corn with some light grainy notes. Finishes pretty "hot, maybe some age will tame this one a bit."

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - JUL 17, 2010
Clear dark gold, foamy white head fades. Aroma of fruit and eggs. Taste is pretty bad. Watery, good really cold.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
CanIHave4Beers (3209) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUN 16, 2010
Pours a nice golden color with a semi loose big white head that leaves some lace. The aroma is vegetal and corny with whiffs of alcohol, but maybe not as much alcohol as one might expect. Itís got a mild cereal plant on fire thing happening per MilkmanDan. Oh my this is a lot of sweet breakfast cereal with a bit of corniness and some defined alcohol. There is some almost banana and artificial fruitiness. While the alcohol is clearly detectable I wouldnít have guessed this beer at an 8%, so itís fairly concealed.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
VertBaconStrips (2069) - Assat, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 25, 2010
Review #1000.......

STEP ONE: Smash the middle of the bottle with a ball peen hammer and then emptied both ends directly into a paper bag like an egg.
STEP TWO: Enjoy.
STEP THREE: Repeat.
STEP FOUR: Get into knife fight

Iíve had worse swill so there is some comfort to be found inside the bottle. Since this is a special review I went with the classy glass bottle. Indeed there was a swill tasting happening and OE came in second. Yes, we found 3 worse ones. Pee yellow and lots oí bright white foam. The rank aroma wasnít as bad as I assumed it would be even after leaving this on the counter for half an hour. Savoury clouds of corn, crap-o malts, unearthy fruity sweetness and the souls of the toothless. I did not hesitate to take a big gulp as I did with the other swill and I wasnít disappointed! It is crap! Whew. Choke backable at gun point or at threat of a maniacal street priestsí diabolical rants. Corn, sweet something and a fist full of almost awfulness sum this up. Damn, I gotta say that I could down a full bottle of this if that is where I was in life. Thick with carbonation that is only similar to guzzling small rocks. The headache from drinking 5L of insane swill between 3 people in an hour was epic beyond belief. High quality low quality.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ronaldtheriot (1219) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - MAY 2, 2010
Luckily, this sample, poured from a 40 oz. clear glass bottle was neither skunked or spoiled. Olde English High Gravity 800 has a very thick, white head, a deep, golden appearance, and a rather high carbonation level. Aroma is pungent, corny, and even bready. The taste is rich, spicy, and fruity, but not overly sweet or alcoholic. Mouth-feel is crisp and medium. OE HG 800 is smooth and refreshing; one of the better malt liquors on the market. Unfortunately, it has a limited distribution (not available in Louisiana). I liked it and would recommend it. RJT

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 19, 2010
Olde English HG800 High Gravity Malt Liquor--8% ABV Malt Liquor. 2001--22 oz. Clear Bottle. (4.25 / 5.0) Clear light thin golden color. Sweet mild hop front. Sweet thin rich body with crisp very smooth malt flavor. Easy smooth light sweet hop end. Crisp balanced smooth with mild flavor. A richer older friend. Sampled 12/29/2001. 2002 40 oz. Clear Bottle. (4.25 / 5.0) Clear rich bright golden color. Malty mild floral crisp mild hop front. Very clean smooth rich light sweet caramel fruit body. Smooth mild hop end. Clean smooth and easy but tasty and rich. Sampled 9/30/2002 & 12/21/2002.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kramer (4892) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2010
40 oz bottle. Consumed as a part of an 18 beer blind Malt Liquor tasting. Pours a clear pale gold body with pretty decent fizzy white head. The nose is pretty horrid, loaded with veggies and cooked corn. The flavor is pretty horrible as well. Kinda reminds me of a little bit of jet fuel, and a little bit of vomit. Sticky and sweet mouthfeel with light carbonation. Very very bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
puboflyons (2105) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 15, 2009
From the 40 fl. oz. bottle marked AUG3109-DO5111908. I am not sure what earlier raters have been drinking but I found this to be much more tolerable and likeable than previous advertised. The pour is a hazy, pale yellow tone with a good topping of fizzy white head that slowly drizzles downward. I expected an aroma of metal and alcohol but I sensed more of a thin malt, light hop, and bready aroma. The mouthfeel was kind of thin. The taste had a bit of a tart bite but overall it was drinkable. Would it be my first choice? No. But I am prepared to rate it higher than 1-1.3.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
OntBeerDrinker (430) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 4, 2009
In Canada we doníty call anything HG. It comes to us imported in 40oz 1.18L bottles olny. No canís and coast a pricy 5.80 drank alot of these in my dayís. I tryed the 5. something american version once in can and once in bottle both from Buffalo NY. Fav version is Buffaloís 5. something in a bottle(can made it watery)The 8% version is awsome too,but sometimes I get super fucked up while on it and have finished the 40 off and gotten high bassicly while blacked out from it. Suposably I am aware of what was going on but know nothing about it.(well few times I saw videoís on cam,so knew what happened later next day)Itís good shit but pricy as fuck in Canada!