overall

RATINGS: 227   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

anoo (6) - New York, USA - OCT 14, 2002 does not count
I committed to not putting any more beer on my credit card for awhile and I am going to stand by that decision... so I bought 2 40ís of this stuff. I just cracked the first one, the smellwas a pungent...well...I dont know what... what is even in this? do they use hops for this kinda beer? whatever... the first swig is aking my eyes water. sweet baby jesus forgive me for what I am about to do to myself tonight.

PhillyBeer2112 (2621) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2003
In my limited experience with this kind of "beer", I'd managed to find a handful that were bad but not as gross as I was expecting, and that was it. I was starting to think that my pre-conception that these types of beers would have to be just awful was wrong! And then I tried this trash. Disgustingly adjuncty sweet, even when cold. Grainy with alcoholic burn, a bit like gasoline. I drank as much as I could and instead of a buzz, I got a headache; clearly fusel-laden. Corny yellow color with enormous head, I have a hard time believing that's natural.

drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2003
There used to be an after-hours bar open in town, in a crappy metal pole-building type of thing. It was a really awful place, and once around 3am (bars close at 1am here) my friend asked the guy behind the bar for a forty of OE Ice as a joke. Homeboy at the bar pulled out a cold forty of this crap, unscrewed it, and handed it to my friend. Two dollars. I guess the ABV here is higher than regular OE, so if you HAD to drink one of these it might be more worthwhile. There's nothing else to be said here.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 15, 2004
"High gravity"="High quality"??? I don't think so. "High gravity" means just that - drink this stuff in any considerable quantity and your ass will end up on the floor, one way or another. That being said, if you're looking to get bombed, then by all means, knock yourself out, cuz it doesn't take much. I've met few people who've managed to knock back two of these 40s without having to "return to sender" so to speak.

Shag (2672) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 18, 2004
UPDATED: APR 5, 2005 This was absolute crap. Extremely sweet and corny. The alcohol really shines through on this one. Offensive and just bad. This is evil evil shit!

radiomgb (2478) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2004
Pale yellow in colour. Corn aroma, very sweet malt and lots of alcohol. Flavour was all alcohol sweetness. Finishes with a very harsh alcohol bitterness. Brutal stuff.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Oakes (13398) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 31, 2005
Light golden bronze colour. The aroma is cidery, plasticy, and urine-like (fresh and piping hot) with hints of alcohol and roast corn. The taste is fuselly, cidery but wimpy. Can I pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...that wimpy. This has to be the ultimate gangsta brew... pretends to be all intimidating and shit but ultimately is just sweetish and bland. Classic malt liquor poser shit.

Skidds (252) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 17, 2006
Good when youíre young and looking to get drunk quick and puke shortly after. Another disgusting ghetto beer.

Kevman (28) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2008
Purchased from Local LCBO, I read how bad it was on here, and decided to see how bad it really was.. My opinion, save your money and get something else.. The yellowish tinge was alright for appearance, but flavour and aroma were just horrible. I would never buy it again, maybe if it were free, and cold..

zandercorp (34) - crestview, Florida, USA - SEP 15, 2011
Aroma was similar to that of cheap beer and stomach acids. Didnít look as bad as it tasted, the flavor was offensive. The only reason one should purchase this, is to use it for itís alcohol content