overall

RATINGS: 218   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2569) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2003
In my limited experience with this kind of "beer", I'd managed to find a handful that were bad but not as gross as I was expecting, and that was it. I was starting to think that my pre-conception that these types of beers would have to be just awful was wrong! And then I tried this trash. Disgustingly adjuncty sweet, even when cold. Grainy with alcoholic burn, a bit like gasoline. I drank as much as I could and instead of a buzz, I got a headache; clearly fusel-laden. Corny yellow color with enormous head, I have a hard time believing that's natural.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2003
There used to be an after-hours bar open in town, in a crappy metal pole-building type of thing. It was a really awful place, and once around 3am (bars close at 1am here) my friend asked the guy behind the bar for a forty of OE Ice as a joke. Homeboy at the bar pulled out a cold forty of this crap, unscrewed it, and handed it to my friend. Two dollars. I guess the ABV here is higher than regular OE, so if you HAD to drink one of these it might be more worthwhile. There's nothing else to be said here.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 15, 2004
"High gravity"="High quality"??? I don't think so. "High gravity" means just that - drink this stuff in any considerable quantity and your ass will end up on the floor, one way or another. That being said, if you're looking to get bombed, then by all means, knock yourself out, cuz it doesn't take much. I've met few people who've managed to knock back two of these 40s without having to "return to sender" so to speak.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
radiomgb (2425) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2004
Pale yellow in colour. Corn aroma, very sweet malt and lots of alcohol. Flavour was all alcohol sweetness. Finishes with a very harsh alcohol bitterness. Brutal stuff.

daninorlando99 (49) - Orlando, Florida, USA - FEB 21, 2002
i think my colon almost exploded after 10% of the bottle

homebrewrules99 (37) - portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUL 18, 2002
nufin like sittin on da corner sippin a 40 of da OE dose someone piss in the bottle then sell it as beer

dhurtubise (568) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 5, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 Yummy amalgalm of skunk piss and dog crap. Highest ratio buzz/$ if you can bring yourself to have more than one sip of this s**t. Life is too short to waste your drinking potential on Olde English 800.

garrison (790) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2003
Yo, this be the brew I an' my posse be swillin' ann' chillin' with befo' we go slap some hoes! A truly fine libation fo' yo' up-and-coming minority entrepenuer!

y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 10, 2003
AYE! AYE BLOOD! PASS ME DAT 40! WORD DAWG. i hear with 40s it's the cool thing to do to drink the neck, then fill it with strawberry cisco and call it norte juice.

JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 27, 2005
Bottled skunk. Tastes like what you’d expect and after a few gives you the results you’d expect. College kids, dorm rooms and HG800 are a match made, well in college.