overall

RATINGS: 210   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 16, 2001
Hey!!! Who put turpintine in my 40oz?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
alpo99 (1) - USA - FEB 19, 2002 does not count
Why is my over all impression much righer than my other ratings? Itís all about context. Compared to your average high-quality beer, Ice 800 is horrible. Quite simply, imagine the worst beer youíve ever had...now imagine pouring 2 shots of the cheapest vodka you can find into the glass. That is Ice 800. Ice 800 is honest. Itís not about flavor. Itís not about image. Itís not about quality. Itís about getting you hammered. Thatís what it wants to do and thatís what it does. $3 for a six-pack of tall boys...and it has twice as much alcohol than an 12-pack of most other beers. It serves itís purpose and, for that, I give it respect.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Gives a decent buzz, but steel and camo are better high gravities. I dont think ill be buying this again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beerlover1982 (78) - Lacrosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 12, 2003
It's not too bad. Good alcohol content. It seems a little thick but after one you can drink it all night.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brewlover (5) - USA - SEP 13, 2004 does not count
Yet another one in which anyone attepting to fully apply basic "quality beer" logic and rating will find themselves reasonably let down. I can say it myself that my idea of a superb evening would not involve curling up with a bottle of this, my lady friend, and a nice romantic comedy (and Iím a man who loves his romantic comedies). I must say though, that in other settings, a beverage such as this is more appropriate, and it does a decent job when called upon. This bit of malt is smooth enough to be in the opening round of a night, or if necessary as the closing act without too many problems. Stacking it all up, not my malt liquor of choice, but when called for, itís certainly not one to shy away from as is necessary for others out there.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Well not really being a high gravity fan I was quite surprised with the taste, but for the alcohol content you cannot do much better, at least for the money

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Kevin (2037) - Colorado, USA - JUL 10, 2007
40 oz bottle. this is the last beer i will rate from this apartment. so i tried to get something that i hoped would encapsulate my experience here with this roommate. i wanted something cheap, that makes you want to be fucked up so the burning pain and trauma ends. i wanted something that would give me a headache, make me long for the sweet release of death. i wanted something that made me wantr to hide from it. this ainít it. sure, it stinks, just like my roommate and her unwashed dishes. sure it is not attractive with itís fat yellow body and thin white head that rings the bottle, well, that about covers the roomamte too, except her head is white, but hair dark, oh well close enough. the taste of this is not thatr offensive. a bit of sweetness that turns a bit metallic and rough at the end, but drinkable. surprisingly so. leaves a tacky feel on my tongue, but damn, this is one of the better bum juices iíve had. this was 2.29 well spent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
unclemattie (4034) - Georgia, USA - MAY 10, 2008
24oz can. pours a clear deep yellow-orange. Thin white head. Aroma is a syrupy sweet corn that was slowed simmered in butter. Flavor is super sweet malt. Very nice malt liquor. Biily Jean is not my lover...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
morgasmo99 (2) - thunder bay, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 21, 2001 does not count
The best malt liquer you can get. Its good stuff for the price they sell it for. Colt 45 is still my number 1 malt liquer though

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
yopparai (22) - Fergus Falls, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2003
to me, not at good as the 211, but the OE high gravity will get the job done. the taste is another aquired one as the 8 Ball has a very distinct taste, but if you like it...you like it. for the price and the alcohol percentage...damn how can you pass this us. all you need is 5 bucks and you can crack two 211's or 2 OE's and you're money. overall this is a bomb ass brew. and really...if you are gonna taste test a freakin 40, shiet come on now. its a damn forty...grab a paper bag, crack the top and dont forget to finish the ass.