overall

RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Miller introduced a new Olde English brand extension, Olde English HG800, in the fall of 2001. HG means "High Gravity," a brewing industry term associated with high-quality beer. Olde English HG800 will replace the Olde English Ice brand. The alcohol content is 7.91%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JUL 10, 2012
I picked one of these up one winter night and sat down to watch TV. I wasnt too keen on the taste and by the time I finished the 40, I had a decent buzz.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SHIG (3561) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - DEC 31, 2013
40! Bottle: Drank out of the bottle, golden clear with a white head. Aroma is grassy. Taste is pure heaven in a bottle, burns a bit.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Majaba99 (4) - thunder bay, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 20, 2001 does not count
This is the only malt liquor I can finish out of the three Iíve tried. Colt 45 makes me almost puke, and MAX Bull is crap. This one seems to be decent and it goes good with a pack of colts and some hooches.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2002
While not as good as OE, I recently found this one in the tall cans at a small convenience and scooped it up. The shit was expensive, like $1.50/master cylinder! But when I cracked it, I was initially impressed, but as I continued, I found the beer to have a sickly sweet taste to it, and while it was still superior to most malt liquors, it definitely doesnt match the original 8-ball.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Papsoe (25088) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 23, 2006
(Can 50 cl) Pours a rather pretty, clear amber with a creamy, white head. Odd artificial aroma. Considering its strength the body is surprisingly light. Sweetish with the dominant flavoural impression being one of brewing cereal, but everything about this brew appears strangely compressed with the alcohol being scaringly well hidden. As always with American malt liquors this really is more a study of innovation and brewing science. 230306

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
puboflyons (2108) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 15, 2009
From the 40 fl. oz. bottle marked AUG3109-DO5111908. I am not sure what earlier raters have been drinking but I found this to be much more tolerable and likeable than previous advertised. The pour is a hazy, pale yellow tone with a good topping of fizzy white head that slowly drizzles downward. I expected an aroma of metal and alcohol but I sensed more of a thin malt, light hop, and bready aroma. The mouthfeel was kind of thin. The taste had a bit of a tart bite but overall it was drinkable. Would it be my first choice? No. But I am prepared to rate it higher than 1-1.3.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pepsican (1444) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - JUL 20, 2010
This one was a beast. I didnít pour it into a glass, straight from the 40. Aroma of cereal and alcohol. Flavor was pretty much booze and corn with some light grainy notes. Finishes pretty "hot, maybe some age will tame this one a bit."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DrSilverworm (6278) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 20, 2014
UPDATED: APR 21, 2014 24oz can, bought from a Kroger located in a more urban location. Best by September 1, 2014. Clear golden, slightly orange color. Good thin off-white head, retains well. Leaves good ropes and bits of lace. Looks pretty decent. Medium body. Kind of smooth texture, light to moderate carbonation, light bite to the texture. Lightly slick. Lightly drying finish. Moderate sweet taste, light bitter, light bite in the finish... Not as bad as expected. Pretty solid for an 8% malt liquor, really. Bready flavor, lightly peppery, not much more to the aroma beyond that. Not too much offensive about it. Just a light mustiness, light hint of metallic, but surprisingly clean overall, especially for an 8%ír. Solid stuff. One of the better malt liquors Iíve ever had, hides the alcohol well. Actually managed to kill the whole can myself without much of an issue.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
metasik99 (8) - london, Ontario, CANADA - APR 5, 2002 does not count
Only true beer drinkers can drink this... I used to drink them when I wasent old enough to drink.. but now They arent that horrible.. For the cheap drunk in all of us!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
dwyerpg (4528) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 16, 2006
The head taste like alcohol. Tastes like a high-alcohol malt liqour, esp. in the finish, where you taste all the alcohol. Really not so bad if you donít let it get to the back of your mouth. Too bad itís almost time for me to go to these beers to finish off what is available for me in Las Vegas.