Olde Peninsula Sunset Red
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 24   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 172   ABV: 5.75%
A blend of Caramel and Barley Malts balanced with Perle and Hallertauer hops makes this amber a downtown favorite.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
obisbeer (568) - Barcelona, SPAIN - AUG 22, 2004
Deep amber brown with small head. Slight malt nose w/ some cherry and nut notes. Strange nutty dry mid with an evaporating finish. Almost stale as far as hops go, strange burnt flavors. As much as my notes sound odd I found myself going back to this beer to figure it out. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łůdż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUN 23, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 1, 2004 A pretty standard amber; hoppy (grapefruit), malt graininess didnít particularly shine through, but didnít impart anything unpleasant. This typifies the boring session amber for me. Iíve had far worse beers in Kzoo. Iíd like to try more from these guys. OK that was memory and now I found my notes: Medium to full bodied, nice dark red brown. Great malt and hop balance caramelly and toasty - good - damn I love Hallertauer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Light amber beer with no pronounced head. No smell. Very hoppy and quite bitter. Tangy and carbonated. OK.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrnkMcDermott (2997) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Draft. A good starter ale. Greater fruitiness and hop spiciness that other ambers I've tasted lately. Taste is something close to how Pete's Wicked used to taste.