Olympia Dark
     click to upload

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 2.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59   ABV: -
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
mrhoppy (1285) - Santa Clara, California, USA - AUG 3, 2013
Also Really bad even on tap at the Brewery in Washington.............................Before it closed to no ones suprise.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
badfinger (55) - Washington, USA - DEC 9, 2007
regular oly, with brown food coloring added, not good at all. Wasn’t that good even when brewed by Oly in Oly

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Xyladaun (12) - USA - JUN 30, 2006
I used to drink this stuff by the pitcher full back in the mid 70’s. It had a great flavor to me with a hint of either coffee or molasses, wish I had the recipe to carry this on in my house. Too bad all the great Northwestern Breweries have died and gone away.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JakeBrake (14) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 13, 2005
I believe this is no longer being made, which is a damned shame. It was available until about the mid ’90s, I think only on tap, and hard to find – never once saw it in cans or bottles, and I live in the PNW. Not in the class of craft beers, but definitely several steps above most macros. (Far superior to the likes of other macro-style NW brews like Weinhard’s.) Beautiful brownish-mahogany color, not much head, and surprisingly rich for a light-bodied beer. Extraordinarly drinkable; we used to put away pitcher after pitcher of the stuff. From a fresh keg, it is (or was) fantastic, lightly sweet, well balanced, and creamy. Sours pretty badly if it sits in the keg long though. All in all I am tragically disappointed that you can’t find this beer anymore.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rockydog (11) - martinsbug, West Virginia, USA - JUL 24, 2003
I too had tap at Brewery. Was very surprised. Nice beer. Not sure Ive ever seen it anywhere in stores. I tried it at Olympia Washington several years ago. Not brewed there anymore?

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crit (3369) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 10, 2002
Tap at brewery: Not a bad looking beer with slightly more body than the original , but not much else