overall

RATINGS: 318   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
For nearly 110 years, the secret of this Great Northwest beer hasn’t been a secret at all: “It’s the Water.” This and a whole lot more. Since 1896, our famous brewing water, superior ingredients and unsurpassed skill as brewers have combined to make “Oly” an affordable beer with a particularly satisfying taste.

95% malt.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 29, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2006 When I was in college I would drink this beer every now-and-then. It was ok. I was poor and quality was not my priority. It did the job and gave me a wicked headache. Recently I went on a road trip with a friend to Syracuse, NY. Since I was sitting in the passenger seat and it was a friday night I figured I’d need some beer for the ride. I saw Olympia and bought a 12 pack for nostalgic reasons. It was the first time I have seen it since I college. Well, it sucks and gave me a shitty buzz. It also gave me gas that I think cleared out two isles in Wegman’s.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 25, 2003
As cAPSLOCK and the bottle say, It is...the water. Not bad for the price, although the shape of the bottle makes me think I should be drinking apple juice or something

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2003
I remember my dad drinking this when I was a kid, and I think they must have changed recipes, because I taste it now and it is godawful.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 15, 2003
It's the water.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ByTheGlass (41) - USA - JAN 14, 2003
Not the absolute worst, but lousy. I remember an old neighbor of mine used to drink this stuff when I was a kid and acted like it was a premium brew. (Who knows, maybe before Pabst-zilla swallowed it, it may have been) At any rate, I wanted to like it but didn’t. Just another old-man lawnmower "I’ll take one if that’s all there is" kind of brew. Tastes cheap and doesn’t make you crave another one. A typical piss-beer

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 9, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2003 Water but not bad water

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JAN 7, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2003 The commercials were right. It"s the water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
bythe40 (64) - USA - JAN 4, 2003
I have 8 in the fridge and cant bring my self to drink them. The other four of the 12 pk were used as part of a piss beer taste test.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SGBreweries (4) - CANADA - JAN 2, 2003 does not count
This beer is at the top of the inexpensive heap in my mind. Its main use is for getting drunk without spending money and sacrificing taste.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
psychodrama311 (122) - petaluma, Nevada, USA - DEC 29, 2002
call me sick. but i rather liked this beer. i would put it right around pabst in the taste department. but hey for one dollar for a fourty..can’t complain too much.