overall

RATINGS: 311   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
For nearly 110 years, the secret of this Great Northwest beer hasn’t been a secret at all: “It’s the Water.” This and a whole lot more. Since 1896, our famous brewing water, superior ingredients and unsurpassed skill as brewers have combined to make “Oly” an affordable beer with a particularly satisfying taste.

95% malt.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
bythe40 (64) - USA - JAN 4, 2003
I have 8 in the fridge and cant bring my self to drink them. The other four of the 12 pk were used as part of a piss beer taste test.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SGBreweries (4) - CANADA - JAN 2, 2003 does not count
This beer is at the top of the inexpensive heap in my mind. Its main use is for getting drunk without spending money and sacrificing taste.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
psychodrama311 (122) - petaluma, Nevada, USA - DEC 29, 2002
call me sick. but i rather liked this beer. i would put it right around pabst in the taste department. but hey for one dollar for a fourty..can’t complain too much.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
homerman (40) - Clinton, Iowa, USA - DEC 28, 2002
We found three cans of oly when we were kids riding bikes. Someone didn’t like it I guess and through it in the rode. We drank it. I think it falls into that Hamms, PBR, Blatz class of beer. No class.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 17, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2003 Ahhh, good ol Oly Stubbies come to mind on this one. If it wasn't for the puzzles I'm not sure that I would have drank as much of it as I have. Good cheap beer! Good times!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 17, 2002
I like trying to figure out the bottle cap puzzles. Has a little more hop flavor and quality in it that other american standards.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 11, 2002
It’s the water...sure. Still better than the more-expensive Bud Light, and you won’t look like a sheep. Mountains on a CAN are generally a bad sign.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - DEC 11, 2002

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Crit (3403) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 6, 2002
This was the first American beer we had in BC liquor stores

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
YogiBeera (2501) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 26, 2002
Wrong advertisment on the bottle "It’s the water", no no "It is water!". Sweet and dusty smell, pale yellow, nearly no head, fizzy carbonation. Malt, light sugarwater.