overall

RATINGS: 45   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   ABV: -
O’Malley’s Stout has been in the works for almost two years. It was originally called Prototype Stout as we worked on the recipe. With the help of our patrons and friends we have developed this dry Irish Stout. Specifically brewed for fun nights in the Irish Pub.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - APR 30, 2011
I either got this in a trade from Phalelsu or I bought it on my cross-country drive from Arkansas back to Montana while helping my g-parents move. I want to say I bought it, but I just don’t remember. Pours thick oily black with a dense, creamy brown head. Aroma of sweet roasty and chocolatey malts with some ashy burnt smell as well. Taste is delicious, not overly sweet, nice roasted character, nutty, cocoa powdery, dry finish. Medium body, medium soft carbonation. Really good, the texture is just a little thin.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
topherh (1907) - Kearney, Missouri, USA - APR 9, 2011
Bottle pours black with a brown head. Aroma is roasty malt, coffee, and chocolate. Flavor is much the same with more chocolate shining through and a nice bitterness .

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jandd1983 (2085) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - MAR 28, 2011
Sampler at the brewpub. It poured a black color with an off-white head. The aroma was of chocolate, malts and coffee. The flavor was also of chocolate, malts and coffee. Not a bad prototype, keep them coming.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rader58 (763) - Leawood, Kansas, USA - MAR 28, 2011
22oz bottle. Pours a deep dark brown/black. Aroma of roasted grain, chocolate, molasses, coffee. Flavor is coffee, dark chocolate, smoke, peat. Finish is dry with roasted grain and a smoky earthiness. I didn’t like Weston Brewing’s initial bottle releases, but they are getting better with each bottle. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dwaggs2 (1297) - Jefferson City, Missouri, USA - MAR 25, 2011
Bottle. Poured a jet black color with a creamy tan head. Aroma was dark chocolate, roasted malts, toffee, and toast. Flavor was kind of weaker. Roasted notes, dry bitter finish. Medium body. Above average beer for being a Weston.