overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 171   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Omission Lager is a refreshing and crisp beer, brewed in the traditional lager style. Perfect for a variety of beer drinking occasions, Omission Lagerís aromatic hop profile offers a unique, easy-drinking gluten-free beer for those looking for a lighter and approachable beer style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrnkMcDermott (2748) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2012
12 oz bottle at Widmer sponsored Celiac Awareness event & launch. Pours a basic lager color. Just a few bubbles streaming in the glass, but a bubbly foam head on top. A decent malt smell with no offsetting notes. Taste is similarly rounded and pretty malty. Iím catching a very slight edge of DMS, but just a slight one. Fuller even than most mass-marketed lagers. Maybe it could use a slightly hoppy bite at the end so we know we;ve had one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gription79 (2157) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Poured from a 12ounce bottle. Has a lager slinky quality. Some fruitiness, sweet grain, slight sulfur. Not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Patrickctenchi (3093) - Coxís Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Pours hazy, bright yellow-gold with a tall white head. Scent is faintly hoppy, spice. Taste is a very crisp, acidic grapefruit. A little bread... Pretty tasty, light and refreshing.... Lively for a gluten-free.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
blipp (5679) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Bottle. Pours gold with a white head. Grainy with a light sweetness and a relatively clean finish. Nice enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
johnnnniee (2038) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 20, 2012
A friend gave this to me to try but I didnít realize it was gluten free until now. Pours a crystal clear deep golden straw color with a smallish white head that dissipates quickly. Smells of spicy hops and sweet bready pilsner malt with a bit of a strange tartness that I canít put my finger on. The flavor holds a bit of spicy noble hops, a bit of pilsner like malt flavor and again a strange tartness that I wasnít expecting. Medium to light body with a moderate level of carbonation and a watery spritz y mouthfeel. Decent beer, really nothing special but probably the best GF beer Iíve tried. I rated this a bit higher just for the gluten free factor, If I were gluten intolerant I would probably get used to this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
reebtogi (3831) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 1, 2012
355ml bottle pours a yellowish straw color with a small white head that leaves a little lacing on the glass. Aroma is cereal grains with some pale malts. Taste is a light grassy bitterness with a light malty sweetness. Light body and carbonation. Best Gluten Free beer, ícause as I was drinking it, I had no idea that it was a GF brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ernest (6031) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 28, 2012
Bottle. Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is medium yellow. Aroma is lightly to moderately malty (toasted grain, cereal), lightly to moderately hoppy (flowers, herbs), with light notes of DMS and soap. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly acidic, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly acidic, moderately bitter, slightly husky. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation. I really dreaded trying this because...well...for one, itís Widmer. Secondly, itís a gluten-free beer, and gluten-free beers almost always suck. Hard. But just as Redbridge is surprisingly one of the more passable GF examples (from an even worse brewery), this beer is better than the bulk of its brethren. Itís toasty, itís hoppy, itís flaws are minor, and itís...believe it or not...drinkable. In fact, if you didnít tell me it was GF, I probably wouldnít even know. No, itís not going to compete with good lagers out there...this is basically on the level of Full Sail Session Lager or something like that, but still...good grief, you can do a LOT, LOT worse in this field (Sprecher Shakparo, anyone???). If I had to go GF, I would have no problem having one of these once in awhile (when I wasnít drinking wine instead). The Omission website says these brews may contain gluten, since they *are* brewed with barley and such. So...ummm....hmmm.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
johnbuck100 (230) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2012
This is a lager so maybe I am being too unkind, but lots of cereal and bread. Not much else going on. Pretty boring. I didnt get much hops, sorry. I would have liked to have tried a Bud after this - I am sure this would be better because it had a bit more body, but otherwise, not much going for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BrewBoxer (1764) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 21, 2012
Bottle. Yellow piss color. Taste is crispt and more flavoorful then your standard macro. Some lemon. Iíd get it cause of the cool label if anything

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Fatehunter (1076) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - SEP 19, 2012
Poured into a pint glass. Clear, golden color with two fingers of head. Faint smell of dry grain. Mild bitter taste, slightly metallic, watery overall. Crisp and light body, low to moderate carbonation. For a light, gluten-free lager I applaud the result. By all appearances it is a superior product to most other light lagers, but it still doesnít make me want another one.