overall

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bold and hoppy, Omission Pale Ale is a hop-forward American Pale Ale, brewed to showcases the Cascade hop profile. Amber in color, Omission Pale Aleís floral aroma is complemented by caramel malt body, making for a delicious gluten-free craft beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gooney (389) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 16, 2012
12 oz bottle from New Seasons - Pours orange with a bubbly white head. Bubbles cling to the side of the glass. NIce floral hops aroma. Definite Cascade (I know that because itís in the description). It has a little more grainy flavor than a normal beer, but I really like this. Iíd certainly get more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
edgallow (2801) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 16, 2012
12 oz bottle pours amber with a off white head. Aroma of sweet malt, citrus and pine. Taste is of the malt, yeast and a nice bitterness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
poisoneddwarf (1951) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - SEP 26, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 27, 2012 12 oz bottle. I picked this up today because it seemed interesting. I had no idea what it was. The Widmer logo is on it, but itís faded and hard to see on the label. Itís like the brewers were purposely trying to distance this from their normal lineup. The slogan on the label "It isnít just what we took out, itís what we left in" intrigued me. I figured it was either gluten-free, alcohol-free, or something else entirely. It certainly doesnít say what it is on the label. Once I got to researching it, I realized it was indeed gluten-free. Anyway, aroma consists of piney hops and bready malt and doesnít smell rancid like most gluten-free beers. That being said, itís not particularly memorable for your average APA. It pours hazy orange with a medium collapsing off-white head that leaves some lace. Taste is remarkably good for a gluten-free beer, but itís completely average for an American Pale Ale. It starts out lightly sweet and finishes with a little bitterness. Carbonation is minute and the body is medium to thin. Itís very smooth and drinkable. The best thing about this beer is that it will be the first thing I reach for if I ever develop an allergy to gluten.

blipp (6957) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Bottle. Pours gold with a white head. Light citric hops, pale malts, and a light sweetness. One of the better gluten free beers Iíve tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gription79 (2612) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Poured from a 12ounce bottle. This is one of the best gluten free beers I have had. A nice hop profile, solid bitterness. The grain character is good as well. There is a soapy off flavor but other then that not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrnkMcDermott (2902) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 27, 2012
Served from bottle at Omission event at FatPour Tapworks. Yes, Iíve notched it up a bit for being "good" as a glutoen-free beer goes. Color is a little more brown than pale ale copper in its glass. Still exhibits a nice malty and bitter hop smell. Taste is pretty forward on malts, with a basic pale ale hop background. Some orangey notes thread themselves in as I travel further down the glass. Not an "extreme" pale ale, but it starts to pick up some hop zing as it warms. Probably just being a little cautious, since the malts are modified for the GF process. Then again, thereís almost a fresh cut hop taste at the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beastiefan2k (2830) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - NOV 22, 2012
Thanksgiving Day started with turkey at around 1pm, gorged for a little bit and Got to drink, well sip cause it sucked, a single beer. Then the toasts, deserts, clean up, and a little time with the future in-laws. Now, I am hungry again, its too early to go to sleep. So, I need a beer and this is the best we got here. Nice enough label, cool cap, it took me a little while to notice this is a Widmer product. Poured into a large water glass that is akin to a goblet. Pour has a small, fast fading head. Color is dark orange, beer has medium clarity. Aroma is thick slightly sweet malt with a bulky citrus hops. Comes off as you generic brew pub pale ale. Too much malt, like it to be cleaner, hops are just not as crispy and more muddled than I want them to be. Flavor is the same, hops become a bit indistinct and non-centered malts play a large role. You know what I did not get? I would have no idea that this is a gluten free beer, got to give it points for that.

EithCubes (5241) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 26, 2013
Bottle. Beautiful floral aroma mixing with citrus and heavy caramel and hop spiciness. Light wood, but more about that doughy caramel (which reminds me of Lagunitas every time, without fail). Bright but hazy body with a short off-white head. Taste is moderately dry (thereís some sweetness to start but itís not too big), fullish body in heft, big Centennial-type woodiness with a little paper-/cat-scratch ala Simcoe -- hard to believe this is straight Cascade considering the variety theyíre getting from the hops here. Sticky caramel, malty and not grainy, clean with light APA-level bitterness. I like this more than its lagery sister, and man, the two have opened my eyes to just how far commercial gluten-free brewing has come in the past few years.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DuffMan (7996) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - APR 2, 2013
So I was cleaning out the garage on this beautiful Easter weekend when my son brought me this beer from my hallowed beer fridge as a surprise work-break. I mention this detail because it was already in the glass when it was given to me and I had no idea that I was tucking into a gluten free beer. And it is a compliment to Widmer brothers that until I examined the bottle long after, I did not know I had been given a gluten free product. As a pale ale, it satisfies quite nicely, with a decent hop bitterness and caramel malts. But as a gluten-free offering, this really is outstanding!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nekronos (3742) - Xalapa, MEXICO - APR 23, 2013
Not bad, not interesting in excess either but dirnkable and ejjoyable with nice food. VEry cloudy also.