overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 2246   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
This hoppy, farmhouse style ale has a champagne like effervescence with a crisp but light on the tongue finish. Similar to the Belgian Saison style , this beer serves well as an aperitif. Hennepin has a majestic golden hue. The style is called Grisette or farm house and is considered to be in the domain of the Belgian Saisons.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
portermax55 (118) - Canterbury, Connecticut, USA - NOV 26, 2007
12oz. bottle. Pours a murky, pale yellow with a thick white head that laces beautifully. Aroma is of wheat, yeast, cloves and a hint of lemon. Flavor is of bananas, wheat, and yeast with subtle sweet finish. Mouthfeel is crisp and sharp. Very nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Airlifter (118) - Shawnee, Kansas, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Pours a hazy golden color with a lot of bright white head. Mild aroma, though a bit skunky. Bittersweet flavor with a lot of spice; coriander, clove, hint of apricot. Yeasty good stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
tekhna (118) - California, USA - AUG 9, 2009
This beer never quite does it for me as a saison. Certainly a decent beer, and deserving a better score than I’ve meted out, but it’s not to my taste, and to my mind not to the style. Can be great ice cold though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - NOV 19, 2005
Bought a 4-pack. In a glass it looks wonderful, leaving attractive lacing. Aroma is lemony fresh with a hint of soft Carmel and other neat finds. The flavor is good, but hindered with a yeast flavor. Once I got by that though it was very pleasing. This price was $10.50 a 4 pack. For me, too costly but most likely worth every penny.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
russwbeck (117) - Tyrone, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 27, 2010
Beautiful pour. Large, thick white head. Slowly disappears, leaving some white lacing. As is expected from a saison. I’m getting some banana definitely, along with orange and citrus. Inviting to drink. One of my favorite representations of the style. Tastes as it smells, bananas and orange. Dry finish. I could drink this all night long. Great drinkability. At 7.7%, this will beer will get you feeling good pretty quickly, without sacrificing taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Mindwarp (117) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 3, 2014
750ml poured into a tulip-- This is my first Saison, so here we go. Pours a light golden with a big head. Nice sweet smell. Sweet tasting but not citrusy. Ok, maybe a little citrusy. Bubbly in the mouth with a nice flavor. Turning 18 in the early 80’s with the beers we had to drink, if you had said that I would be drinking something called a Saison and liking it you might have got smacked upside the head. I don’t know if I’ll drink many beers of this style but this is good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MartinVanBeer (116) - Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA - NOV 17, 2014
Light straw pour. Burlap, sweet malt, and yeast on the nose. Subtle sweetness, good yeast flavor, and a little nutmeg. Average farmhouse beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Blackbarrel (116) - new york, New York, USA - NOV 27, 2006
Like fresh baked bread on sunday morning. The head is so strong you could walk on it. Hides its strength, with smooth balanced flavor.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
randolphjj (116) - Raymore, Missouri, USA - SEP 15, 2009
The nose on this one is just wrong. In every way. I’m suspecting sun damage because it just went very very skunky. I can tell from the taste that it has a lot to offer, but I can’t get over the nose to go much further. In fairness, I will try this one again. Taste is light and crisp, with a nice aftertaste. Sad treatment of this bottle.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 17/20
paul9639 (116) - New Hampshire, USA - JUN 20, 2005
pours a a cloudy golden color with a thick head. Aroma is of hops and citrus. Flavor has a champagne feel to it. Good, solid, Belgian style beer.