Oregon Original India Pale Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.47/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36   ABV: -
A true pale ale with malty-earthy overtones. A real refreshing beer with a lasting presence.

Headbanger (3388) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2014
12oz bottle (Old Notes)-Pours an amberish orange with a nice white head. Aroma of hops and malt. Taste of the same. This is my first IPA. A nice tasting light to medium bodied brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MadIndian (2435) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2010
Gift from Southern Johnny. This was surprisingly good. Nice hazy orange pour with a buttery, grapefruit grass smell. The hop presence was fresh and noticiable. A good smooth bitter blend. I liked it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 28, 2010
Oregon Ale And Beer Company--Oregon Originals--India Pale Ale. 1997 & 1999 12 oz. Bottles. 6.30% ABV. (3.5 / 5.0) Clear light rusty golden color. Dark for an IPA. Light hop front , but rich crusty body. Nicely laced small head. Lingering harsh bitter finish at start balances better with body at end. 2/26/1999.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hopeye (39) - Oregon, USA - MAY 13, 2009
Where did this beer go? When I was at Ohio State in the mid to late 90s, this was our staple IPA (and one of the few available) and started my addiction to hoppy beers. When I moved to Oregon, I thought I was moving to the home of Oregon India Pale Ale. No one here has even heard of it (perhaps explained by the "formerly brewed by Boston Beer Company" description. I’m sure it pales (no pun intended) in comparison with contemporary northwest IPAs--I just wish I could determine that empirically.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ROGUE (2127) - Newark, Delaware, USA - DEC 27, 2008
12oz bottle. Had this in college between 1997 and 2000, then I dont know what happened to it. A very good all around IPA. Nice and smooth easy hop drinker. Was a weekend beer that had regularly. Where did it go and whjen did BBC brew it?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BlackDonald (1126) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 21, 2008
This used to be a frikkin awesome IPA. I wish they still made this, I never understand why they stopped production. Amberish orange in color, with a fresh hop perfume, and a really solid malt backbone, nice, dry and bitter in the finish. One of the beers that really introduced me into craft brewing. A good gateway beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kp (10884) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 20, 2011
Name: IPA
Date: January 01, 1994
Source: Mink
OK pale ale
Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 5/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.6/5.0
Score: ** /4

The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 29, 2005
The best IPA I have ever Had. Boston Beer, knows how to make an IPA. delicious flavor. Nice, puffy,rocky head.

mjg74 (2492) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 28, 2005
This was my first IPA. I thought it was extremely hoppy at the time. Taught what hops tasted like . Good easy sipping brew.

DocLock (8054) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2004
I used to drink a ton of this stuff in the late 90s. I still have my Oregon fine ales keychain. This one was smooth, hoppy, and malty at the finish. Not as hoppy or complex as some, but still a fine beer.