overall

RATINGS: 2290   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dough77 (821) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - OCT 22, 2007
Solid IPA, love the can effect still. Pours a deep amber with huge head. Nose was mostly malty with a little hope left over. Alcohol was actually a little more potent than one might expect. Was a little too chewy for me in an IPA/apa but something I would like to try really really fresh and have many cans to consume.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3490) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 22, 2007
Pours a clear copper color with a thick offwhite head. Good aroma of spicy hops and toasted malt. Good flavor of spicy, resinous hops with toasted malt and a lingering bitter finish. The body is light to medium with a creamy texture and moderate carbonation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerBiker (1412) - Odense, DENMARK - OCT 19, 2007
[Bottle bought in Vinens Verden.] This was just a very great sample ...and then a can!?=(")§%/"§. Never thought I should give a can the note of 4.2. Like a IPA or IIPA with remarkable notes of Cascade/Centennial such as flowers, fruits, spring, citrus, not so much grapefruit, nice bitterness and a very nice finish, great for broadsiding experiments! Like a summer IPA!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
R-dog (19) - Alabama, USA - OCT 18, 2007
Nice red amber with creamy off white head. Pours smooth. Aroma of sweet grapefruit and floral notes. Hoppy sour citrus flavor balanced with a sweet mouth and dry finish. Loses body fast and feels thinner and watered down as the carbonation fades. Refreshing and crisp, but maybe a little too much grapefruit throughout from start to end. I think I prefer this at room temperature rather than from the fridge.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
saxo (13833) - HÝjbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2007
Can. Nice head with good duration. Color is hazy amber. Aroma and taste are rich with hops. Good long finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
iswain1914 (19) - USA - OCT 15, 2007
Finally, an american microbrew that deserves the hipe that it gets. Iím normally a european beer guy (they are clearly much better) but this beer is outstanding.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
thewolf (11131) - Kolding, DENMARK - OCT 15, 2007
Can, bought @ ōlbutikken, Cph. Pours a wonderful clear red-orange with a small creamy yellow-ish head. Aroma is heavily fruity hoppy - apples, peaches, grapefruit. Low carbonation. Flavour is very hoppy with some biscuit and caramel. Quite bitter, but there is a fruity sweetness behind it. Very nice - I could have liked a little more sparkle in the carbonation.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 14, 2007
(Can 35,5 cl) By far the best canned beer I have ever had! Huge hoppy aroma, impressive flavour with malt, fruits (peaches?), and pines ending in a quite bitter but very pleasant finish. Even the palate is very nice considering the 6.5% ABV. Basically this is an American IPA without the extra 3% ABV. Fan-fucking-tastic stuff!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yngwie (13209) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - OCT 12, 2007
Can. It poured a bit unclear, with a nice, golden-orange color and a medium, lasting, dense off-white head. Quite lively carbonation. The pour released these lovely, piney, resiny and citrusy aromas, and having a more thorough sniff, the maltyness also finds itís way up your nose. The flavor is quite dominated by all the hops, with its citrus and pines, but as in aroma, a nice maltyness is also present. Quite sweet, with some beef-stock as well. The beer has a firm body, and that bitter astringency feeling that the hops give. The finish is long and bitter, and quite heavy on the resiny flavors. And the lacings are nice too.

I have no doubt this is the best canned beer Iíve ever tasted, itís really enjoyable, and itís definately a beer I could down a few of. Nice work Oskar! (071012)

pkbites (674) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2007 I think this is that beer they made in "BEERFEST". Itís beautiful! Just Beautiful! Pours a surprisingly cloudy/dark orangy amber. Nose is of evergreen, bubble gum, and cookie dough. The first sip shocks the palate. So many hops for 12 meager ounces. It starts bitter, it stays bitter. After-taste is bitter. I donít think Iíve EVER had a brew with so many hops. Very nice. But expensive. On sale for $7.99 a six pack? Too much! But itís so good. But itís overpriced. But itís so good. But it costs alot. But itís so, so good. But, man, $7.99 for a sixer? But itís so good. I wish it werenít so expensive so I could drink gallons of it every night. Because itís so good. I want to brush my teeth with it. Because itís so good!!!I want to put my dick in it. Because itís so good. I want IT to put itís dick in me! íCause itís so good. But itís pricey. But itís sooooo good. I like it!!!! I love it!!! I want to marry it!!!! You know, because itís sooooooo good!